The IT Crowd

Personally I enjoyed it although Richard Ayoade ('Moss' - co-creator of Garth Marenghi and was in Nathan Barley) and the all-conquering Chris Morris were a cut above the rest.

Chris O'Dowd who plays Roy and the lass who plays Jen were less good unfortunately.

I thought the opposite, I wasn't a big fan of Moss at least for the first episode. In the second he grew on me. Though I wouldn't call my self a fan of Richard Ayoade anyway.

I liked it but I didn't expect not to cause Graham Linehan is the writer and he brings the funny.

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

I only caught the first 10 minutes of the first episode and had to go out.

If I start from the third episode, does it matter? Like, will I miss important plot points?

Nah, you'll pick it up easy.

Guest muddatrucker

Its actually terrible, as I said in the donators forum, its much like childrens comedy (the kind you'd get on bodger and badger), its a real shit smear on the ass of British comedy, that and that Nathan Barley shit.

Some of the jokes were too obvious or so poorly acted that they just had no appeal, its the type of humour I'd expect girls and children laugh at, basically drizzly shits.

I thought it was fucking terrible. I don't know how so many funny people can add together to create such an appalling result. It's formulaic, canned laughter-tastic shite sitcom, proving once again that the sitcom, or at least it's traditional form, is dead.

How Chris Morris ever got involved with this, I'll never know. But even he is terrible in it. He's playing a character almost identical to the majority of characters he played in his earlier work, yet overacts everything to the point where it becomes even less funny. How anyone could turn one of the most important and funniest British comedians out there into a generic naff sitcom actor is beyond me. Not to mention that he looks like he's aged 20 years since he was last on television.

It wasn't terrible, it doesn't live up to the hype but there were some very funny moments. It's not something I'd go out of my way to see; but it's the kind of thing I could watch if nothing else is on. The fact I watched it at half 3 in the morning whilst I was very almost asleep probably made it funnier.

It's watchable but far from great. I think it might be a case of high expectations especially when you have people like Chris Morris and Graham Linehan associated with it.

Yeah that's the way I see it. The ad campaign Channel 4 had going for it was immense, and thus people's expectations were high. Plus, with some recent successes from the guys responsible (see: Nathan Barley, Merenghi), there was too much hype for it.

I see it as a case of Jackie Brown-itus, in that on its own, it's not all that terrible, but when coupled with the previous work by the people on board it's terrible in comparison.

Jesus Christ is was fucking terrible.

That is all.

However I have to disagree with Mudda about Nathan Barley. Nathan Barley was good, there were also some clever observations in Nathan Barley. Granted it was shit compared to Chris Morris's previous stuff, but it was still 100 times better than this.

Noel Fielding is meant to be on 2 episodes....NOOO!! Don't ruin yourself Vince. :(

Speaking of Vince, The Mighty Boosh is on BBC 2 tonight, for all of you interested in good comedy.