T In The Park

ADG

So yeah, tickets go on sale tomorrow, anyone planning on going?

I'm gonna try my damndest to get a couple of tickets. Looks like an awesome line-up too. The Who, RHCP, Primal Scream, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand and more.

It's just what I've read.

Apr. 30 - Indio, CA - Coachella Festival

Jun. 2-3 - GER - Rock am Ring

Jun. 3-4 - GER - Rock im Park

Jun. 3-5 - Landgraaf, NETH - Pinkpop Festival

Jun. 15-17 - Pannonia Fields II, AUT - Nova Rock Festival

Jun. 16-18 - Interlaken, SWI - Greenfield Festival

Jun. 19 - Milan, ITA - Forum

Jun. 21 - Rome, ITA - Centrale Del Tennis Foro Italico

Jun. 22 - Bologna, ITA - Land Rover Arena

Jun. 29 - Roskilde, DEN - Roskilde Festival

Jun. 29 – Jul. 2 - Werchter, BEL - Rock Werchter Festival

July 4-8 - Kristiansand, NOR - Quart Festival

Aug. 25-27 Reading, UK - Reading Festival

Yeah,but the line-up is still relatively on the commercial side compared to somewhere like Wacken. Not that that overly bothers me, but just you can generally tell what bands you are going to get on the line-ups (a lot of flavour of the month types).

Wacken has Orphaned Land, Soilwork, Nevermore, Amon Amarth, Celtic Frost, Finntroll, Children Of Bodom, Emperor, Ministry and more this year. Looks better than I realised. Six Feet Under as well, but I don't overly like them.

I'd go Download, but I'd choose Reading first. I'd like to go to both, but I'll end up going to none.

Glastonbury in a few years is an idea I'd like to look into.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Seen Metallica, seen Trivium, BFMV aren't anything special, and Dragonforce are the sort of band I'd pay for anyway.

I just like to see a lot of names that I like but wouldn't get a chance to generally see, I guess, is the best way of putting it. Plus the sort of "big names" I like don't tend to play Download. I was surprised Opeth was even there a year or two ago.

Nevermore? Ministry? Children Of Bodom?

I don't care what the flavor-of-the-moment metal band is playing at Download, or if Metallica is there. You can't beat those 3 bands, in my opinion.

Damn, ya'll get good shit. We get... Coachella (which is ace this year). And Lollapalooza. And Bonnaroo (which is kinda good this year, suprisingly).