The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

Hangar 18 is hella fun to play. I don't think I ever 5 starred it though, had to settle for 4.

What's everyone's favourite notechart so far (I'm thinking specifically for 3, but honorable mentions are cool too). I lvoed playing Monsters on bass on hard when me and Ellis did co-op. It was tricky, but not fuck-you-youbastard-sadist-developers tricky.

Based on how well/badass I look playing it, Hard Sweet Child O' Mine is fantastic, as is, on the rare occasions I crush the HOPO bits, Hard Beast and the Harlot. Both have got loads of nice fretboard-shifting bits, and it helps that I do go the opener to SCOM without looking. I also have a soft spot for Thunderhorse, even though it goes from easy on Medium to bastard-hard on Hard.

Oh yeah, I love the bass for Killing In The Name on hard, even if I miss half those bastard blue notes at the end, I swear it's impossible to time that right, even with alternate strumming. Unsung on Hard from the first game was also quality, especially that bit at the end, after all the singing.

On my quest to 5 star all of medium i'm down to Slayer. Sigh. I managed to get the 250k achivement on Metallica though the 500 streak is proving troublesome. I tend to mess up around 350-380.

Do you need to 5 star the boss battles too?

Yeah I think Jonas is about 560-590 notes in total. Basically you get to 500 on the note before you enter the slightly harder part the second chunk before the end where you have to speed up the fingering a little and it has a few blue-red-blue-green switches which can always lead to a mistake if you're not paying full attention - you've also not played blue for a little while so it's easy for the blue finger to miss the prompt.

Thanks for the tip on Weezer, got the 500 streak and perfection achivements. (Y)

Finally! Took me about 5-6 attempts but I got 5 star on Slayer and thus the Rock Guru achivement for 5 starring medium fully. Now for hard. <_>

Edited by TheEllisComplex

Well, I tried re-adjusting the neck and blowing into the connectors like I read in some other forums, but it still pretty hit or miss. Also I have noticed that the red button is significantly harder(when you press it) than the other buttons, so it might be some wear and tear or something. I am going to buy a can of compressed air to blow into the connectors, but if that doesnt work I am out of ideas, outside of opening the neck and trying to clean the inside. I remember it used to work on Sega Genesis controllers when they had button issues, let's hope the technology hasnt changed that much!!

It seems the button issues are pretty common, yet no one has come to a definite solution to the problem.