The Guitar Hero Thread

apsham

No, that's just the games. I only expect version 2.0 instruments to come with The Beatles game for some outrageous mark up.

But less RB talk, more GH.

Erm, how about that Guitar Hero 5?

Edited by King Ellis

GH5 Bands:

3 Doors Down

A Perfect Circle

AFI

Attack! Attack!

Band of Horses

Beastie Boys

Beck

Billy Idol

Billy Squier

Blink-182

Blur

Bob Dylan

Bon Jovi

Brand New

Bush

Children of Bodom

Coldplay

Darker My Love

Darkest Hour

David Bowie

Deep Purple

Dire Straits

Duran Duran

Eagles of Death Metal

Elliott Smith

Elton John

Face to Face

Garbage

Gorillaz

Gov't Mule

Grand Funk Railroad

Iggy Pop

Iron Maiden

Jeff Beck

Jimmy Eat World

John Mellencamp

Johnny Cash

Kaiser Chiefs

King Crimson

Kings of Leon

KISS

Love and Rockets

Megadeth

Motley Crue

Muse

My Morning Jacket

Nirvana

No Doubt

Peter Frampton

Public Enemy Featuring Zakk Wylde

Queen & David Bowie

Queens of the Stone Age

Rammstein

Rose Hill Drive

Rush

Santana

Scars on Broadway

Screaming Trees

Smashing Pumpkins

Sonic Youth

Spacehog

Stevie Wonder

Sublime

Sunny Day Real Estate

T. Rex

The Bronx

The Derek Trucks Band

The Duke Spirit

The Killers

The Police

The Raconteurs

The Rolling Stones

The Sword

The White Stripes

Thin Lizzy

Thrice

Tom Petty

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

TV on the Radio

Vampire Weekend

Weezer

Wild Cherry

Wolfmother

Meh, could've been better but I guess we'll wait to see what the songs are. The Weezer songs needs to be Hashpipe. No Metallica for the first time, I believe, which isn't too surprising given they've just had their own game brought out.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought WT today. Worth it just for Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock And Roll" >_>

In all seriousness, the DLC is very poor in comparison to Rock Band's.

Edited by I'm Bringing Bigal Back

With Band Hero, you can come together with family and friends to ascend the virtual stage and rise to fame. Brought to you by the makers of Guitar Hero, one of the biggest entertainment franchises of all time, Band Hero brings you a new genre of music focused on today’s hottest hits and classic anthems that everyone will know. So grab your friends and take the stage with any combination of guitars, bass, microphones and drums, the road to stardom begins here. Band Hero supports all Guitar Hero instrument controllers, as well as other music/rhythm game controllers.

So...Band Hero sounds exactly the same as Guitar Hero...just you can use "any combination" instead of vocals/guitar/rhythm guitar or bass/drums...

So their making an entire game based off something that RB3 is said to have as a feature..

With Band Hero, you can come together with family and friends to ascend the virtual stage and rise to fame. Brought to you by the makers of Guitar Hero, one of the biggest entertainment franchises of all time, Band Hero brings you a new genre of music focused on today’s hottest hits and classic anthems that everyone will know. So grab your friends and take the stage with any combination of guitars, bass, microphones and drums, the road to stardom begins here. Band Hero supports all Guitar Hero instrument controllers, as well as other music/rhythm game controllers.

So...Band Hero sounds exactly the same as Guitar Hero...just you can use "any combination" instead of vocals/guitar/rhythm guitar or bass/drums...

So their making an entire game based off something that RB3 is said to have as a feature..

Actually, it's exactly the same as Guitar Hero 5. They announced the first new details of the game a few weeks back, and the big news out of it was being able to have any combination of guitar/bass/vocals/drums. Here's the About the Game from IGN.

Featuring the best variety and biggest rock stars of today combined with classic rock anthems, Guitar Hero 5 is the latest installment of the world's most popular music game. For the first time ever, players can customize the make-up of their band by rocking with any combination of instruments in-game: whether it be two guitars and two drums, or three guitars and a microphone, any combination is possible, allowing players to experience music their own way. Brand new, innovative, easy-to-use gameplay modes like Party Play and RockFest put fun, competition and control at center stage as fans tailor the Guitar Hero experience to match their personal style and interests.

It's all part of party play, which not only allows you to use any combination, but also you can drop in and out of a song or change instruments without restarting the song.

Does the guitar for Guitar Hero 3 work with the rest of the Guitar Hero series and Rock Band?

I found this on a german blog once... it´s easy to understand.

http://silencer137.wordpress.com/plastik-rock/

Cyrcle means, instrument not in the game,

x means, instrument not suported by the game

the green thing tells you that it works.

the red thing tells you that it works, but with limitations.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The GH3 guitar will work on GH:WT (Mine did, anyway, PS2), but since there's no fucking fingerbar thing, YOUR FINGERS WILL BE BLEEDING HELL. My fingers looked like hamburger by the time I beat the solo on Expert on Satch Boogie.

I bought Smash Hits today, haven't played THAT much... but is it just me, or is this a little easier than Rock Band? It feels like there's more leniency towards hitting notes a little early or a little late.

Also... the GHTunes section, this is the first I've seen of it... but it looks pretty rad, and I should have some good times with that.

Holy shit... I didn't know about the extra bass note... so I do the same thing I do in Rock Band, play bass and sing, and on my second song, I'm caught totally off-guard by this extra note... I managed to finish the song out, but I wasn't expecting that at all.

Seems like they fixed a lot of the problems for vocals that I had with World Tour. I would be singing on pitch, in tune, and on rhythm, but it was very unresponsive. Even on the songs I knew very well the best I could hope for was a mid-range 5 star when I played on Expert. I just finished Heart Shaped Box on Smash Hits and got a very easy 5 stars on Expert, so hopefully they didn't dumb down the difficulty too much.

looks like it did them good shipping this out to a different developer. The notecharts are generally well done, but I'm caught up in the difficulties. Expert is too hard for me, particularly on solos, Hard is usually where I play, but there are parts I just can't keep up with, and then others that insanely easy. And I hate that they seem to have differentiated between Hard and Expert on long riffs by just dropping a couple of notes out of the chart on Hard. Like for example the closing riff on Helmet (which is still my favourite bit to play ever in the series). Instead of der-der-der-der-der-der-der, it's der-der-der *skip* der-der-der *skip* and it's rubbish.

I also lament the lack of I Ran.

Edited by Dragonzord

Ever since GH: Metallica I've found it somewhat...easy to get past all of the solos on Expert, and I can five star most songs. I thought Master of Puppets would be insanely hard, and yet on my first try I got 4 and a quarter stars. Granted I still can't beat Through the Fire and Flames, Raining Blood, and Psychobilly Freakout yet on Expert, but songs that used to be hard just to get through if I saved star power the right way have now become warm-ups(Bark at the Moon, Freebird.)

And yeah, the lack of I Ran and Sweet Child sucks.

I am a total n00b when it comes to Guitar Hero, I only had GH 2 before.

Today I bought World Tour(just the cd they don't sell the package in Bangladesh)for Playstation 2. So I try to start but it says I can't do so without a microphone, I really want to play this. So I was wondering whether you can use ordinary microphones or headphones or anything like that to play the game? or is it unplayable without the official Guitar Hero Mic(if there is such a thing.)