X-Box 360

PkmnTrainerJ

So, my first full time paycheque will be with me at the end of the month, so I want to know, is it worth buying a 360? I will need two extra controllers, and of course a faceplate. The only good game I've played so far though has been Dead Or Alive 4.

So, anything good coming out soon? Or reccomended?

I love Fight Night Round 3 on it, and if you have Halo 2, I use my 360 to play it online. I heard Obvilion or however you spell it is suppose to be coming out soon, as is the new Ghost Recon. If nothing else, it's worth investing in now just for the fact you might not have the money for it when the really good games start coming out.

It's worth it. Callof Duty 2 is an awesome game and looks great on the 360 and is my favourite out of the launch titles. GRAW and Fight Night both come out today here in the UK (I'll be picking both up after work) and are both out in the US, Burnout Revenge is also out. Both Gamespot and IGN have said that GRAW is the most visually impressive game on the 360 so far and the other Ghost Recons have been great games.

Gears Of War should be out around May/June time and looks superb. A 14 minute gameplay video of it is around.

As for other games, Oblivion is out at the end of the month (20th in the US, 31st in the UK) as is Blazing Angels, Rumble Roses XX, Farcry Instincts and Dynasty Warriors 5.

Then in April there's Battlefield 2, the new Tomb Raider and Top Spin 2 which will all be worht picking up.

Then past that there's stuff like Chromehounds, Splinter Cell: Double Agent and a whole host of games that all look v.good.

Edited by LBTN™

Fight Night Round 3 is one of the best looking games I've ever seen, it just looks great IMO. The motions on PS2 are a bit more fluid, but the game is really great if you're into boxing. CoDII is sooo much fun, I've played a bit here and there and loved it. Other than that I can't think of too much that interests me, but in the near future I'd expect some true gems to come out.

I definately suggest picking up Ghost Recon. Once you get used to the controls(which is easy since they have a training mission) it's a fun game. Haven't had too much of a chance to play it since school was extra busy this past week, but I've finished 5 missions or so and it is just one hell of a fun experience. Multiplayer is fun too, as long as you can get into a lobby before they start the game. I always seem to click on a Lobby that says Setup and it's started as soon as I get into the lobby, so I have to either wait or find another thing. That's for campaign though, ranked games that pit you against everyone or that set you up with a team are easy to join and play.

The other games I have I'll probably keep save Madden 06. I figure if Madden 06 lowers it's price soon I'll just pick that up and NCAA 06 and that should keep me fixed til July. Call of Duty is great, DOA 4 is awesome(dont' play it as much except to unlock costumes), and FNR3 is a great game to play against others and will entertain me. Might be a while before I get any other games, but I am looking forward to picking up Burnout and Elder Scrolls when I get the chance.

Guest Slare

I have one and play it everyday. If you want the good games to get for it so you dont waste your money, buy Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark for sure, also Quake 4 ain't bad, along with Project Gotham Racind 3. Halo 2 is equallying awesome online too.

I heard single player Perfect dark was average, but multiplayer is meant to be great.

I almost got one in January, but decided to wait, there aren't enough games that interest me at the moment. I may wait until after Uni finishes in the Summer.

If you want good multiplayer go Ghost Recon(at least online). I expanded my friends list from 4 to 10 in one night, and two of them I played with for 7 hours. We were all trying to get the 8 hour achievement(8 hours straight of multiplayer), but didn't get it, though I may know a way. All in all it's addicting, and is the reason I stayed up(It's now almost 2, that's how addicted I was to it.) If any of you get it let me know, or we can exchange gamertags.

How does it compare to 2 (graphics aside obviously). I found 2 to be fun for a while, but not that much long-term value, and it always suited to be a more powerful boxer (so much that I was nearly always a heavyweight).

Guest baseballfan2k6

If you don't buy an Xbox 360, the only other next-gen console you will likely be able to purchase this year is the Nintendo Revolution, which will be filled with simple games reminiscent of the 80s. The Xbox 360 is the only next-gen console with complex games available for a while.

Heck, it might even be the only next-gen console, because both PS3 and Nintendo Revolution for all we know could be vaporware, just like Duke Nukem Forever and Super Mario 128. They haven't shown anything of significance about the PS3 since E3 last year and Nintendo hasn't shown any videos at all of the games for their console. I'd say they'll both show up, but PS3 is nowhere near ready and could not possibly be out before the end of June as Sony claims, in Japan or the United States.

I've played about 5 minutes of Xbox 360 games at Wal-Mart, which was all Kameo. Xbox 360 is just like PS2 was this time 5 years ago. People hated the PS2 because of defects and games that didn't come out and Microsoft has been far more responsive to consumer problems than Sony was, but that isn't saying alot especially considering that both companies have had notorious defect lawsuits for their consoles.

Besides the true defects of the Xbox 360 that we hear about constantly, there is all the noise that it makes when running, according to reports. It also causes your electric bill to increase because it uses alot of power.

I'd say its worth buying if you can afford it despite all the issues.