Favorite hockey player?

apsham

This one is a very easy choice for me, as I have liked this guy my whole life and have met him on one occassion when I was young, one of the best experiences of my life. He's got a playing style that I think, cannot be beat and is very talented, albeit his career has been troubled:

fleury13.jpg

Theoren Fleury, ladies and gentlemen. One of the most talented players I believe to play in the NHL in the past few decades, and I am crossing my fingers for a comeback. I stopped watching hockey for a while when he left the game because it wasn't the same for a while without Fleury's on ice charisma, cocky mannerisms and fighting attitude.

Running in behind of him would be;

Jose Theodore, I grew up watching him play.

Sidney Crosby, I was grown up watching him play here.

Marc-Andre Fleury, he was awesome on the World Junior stage and I think he has a lot of potential.

Among others.

I got I guess four favorites but my favorite hockey player as of right now (probably will be all time favorite when his career is done) is Jason Spezza. The other favorites would have to be Mark Messier, Mike Modano and Dany Heatley.

Edited by CKN

Doug Gilmour was the fuckin' man as I grew up. When he came back for his last bit as a Maple Leaf, I cheered. I was pissed that he got hurt right away.

Shayne Corson and Tucker also are up there as my personal favorites, they just kept sturring shit up and made the playoffs amazing and fun to watch. Tie Domi for the same reasons, even though he isn't really that great of a player, thinking on it.

I've been a fan of Jagr for awhile now too, because despite his real life slumps, I still kick ass with him in all of the hockey video games. I got him for my Florida team in NHL 06, and him scoring is automatic - 75 goals in one season.

Oh, and Saku Koivu.

Edited by desiredtoe

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to see you play a game with a bunch of Canadians then try to pick yourself up the ice. :shifty:

Apparently that's not hard too do, see: Winter Olympics 2006

hhmmm favorite ? not just one, but a few

Bret Hull

Claudio Lemuix

Al Mcinnis

Broduer

Roenick

Sakic

Forseberg

Steve Yzerman. A true legend of the sport and the longest serving captain in NHL history on the most decorated hockey club in the last decade. One of the greatest all-around forwards of all-time and the definition of a classy player.

A close second is Doug Gilmour, then an even closer third is Wendel Clark.

And the others that I'd call my favorites are...

Joe Sakic

Gary Roberts

Niklaus Lidstrom

Bryan McCabe

Sergei Fedorov

Matt Stajan