Recent musical discoveries

Liam

I just recently rediscovered Rammstein. I used to be a fairly big fan back when I knew someone who was a massive superfan, but recently got back because they're probably the closest I'll ever get to liking metal, and I'm really tired of people saying all I listen to is emo. :|

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stuff that I've just recently started listening to includes:

The Deathstars (great industrial goth metal... kinda sound like rammstein)

The 69 Eyes (downloaded because they're one of Valo's heaviest influences. They're really good too.)

I Am Ghost (a band touted as the next AFI-esque breakout band from Northern California.)

Trivium (I really got into them when I bought Roadrunner United a couple months back)

Blindside (I've always had one or two of the songs floating around, but I just bought an album and it's awesome.)

What're Neutral Milk Hotel like?

Recent discoveries:

Some Girls

The Locust

Minus The Bear

The Kooks

Broken Social Scene

Mindless Self Indulgence

Chris Cornell

Recent Rediscoveries:

Sufjan Stevens

Pearl Jam

The Blood Brothers

What're Neutral Milk Hotel like?

Lo-fi Indie, so it's like Indie without the polish, really. All-music calls them something like "fuzz-folk", since the fuzzy-ness of the general sound, and the folk influences in the Indie. Class, really.

Check out "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea"

EDIT: And bah, on another forum I go to, I manager a bigger list for myself. Sufjan Stevens and finally checking out all of Sage Francis, The Finn Brothers and Neil Finn are all things I've got into recently.

Edited by HGwannabe

The Locust

:wub:

If you haven't already, check out An Albatross, The Smackdown, Gay For Johnny Depp, xbrxx and Robot Ninja Dinosaur Bastards, they're all along the same lines as The Locust.

Mario Winnans...what's the general concenceous on this guy? I've heard a few tunes and they're pretty good. Your bog standard R&B stuff, but his voice works well. And it's fairly laid back. Saying that I'll probably get sick of him in a couple of days.

Got an acoustic version of "Juneau" by Funeral For A Friend...made me realise how lackluster the latest album actually was. :( (**Goes to listen to "7 Ways...."** why "This years Most Open Heartbreak" wasn't on "Casually...." I have absolutely no idea)

Loving the latest "Freak Kitchen" album...everyone download now. (Y) It's just your bog-standard rock stuff, fairly easy to get into. The lyrics are somewhat throwaway, but they're a 3-piece from Sweden, let them off. Great for a 3 piece. There's my whoring quota for the day....nearly. :shifty:

I need to find another new band....these are just re-hashes of stuff I'd heard previously. :(

I'm throwing out an idea with bands like The Locust.....you don't like that kinda music, you tolerate it.

I mean, I'm into them, but I don't willingly listen to them that often as its just a bit like a barrage.

I love listening to The Locust and their ilk for the same reasons I like listening to good techno, in that there's so much that you don't notice until you've listened to it a few times, because it's just cramming as much music into as short a space of time as possible. I reckon An Albatross are better, though. I have friends who listened to the We Are The Lazer Viking album on repeat all day long at work, and it's only 9 minutes long.

I'm throwing out an idea with bands like The Locust.....you don't like that kinda music, you tolerate it.

I mean, I'm into them, but I don't willingly listen to them that often as its just a bit like a barrage.

Have I just been raped by music? :(

Probably. That's the closest you'll probably get to that kinda feeling at least.

I accept what you are saying Skumfrog, but I know a lot of acts who can put in loads of layers in a song which make you notice new things all the time without having to cram it into a 40 second barrage of sounds.