Gamings Best Storylines

Benji

Actually it's four games total (including original), an anime film and two books... so far.

You could also count the FFVII:Last Order anime (a single, standalone 25 minute episode). It's technically a prequel, but it has some stuff with Zack that you don't get fully in the game.

Plus you can never have enough different renditions of the "Sephiroth walking into the fire" shot. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i loved FFVII loads, but recently replayed 9, and it was awesome, i loved it, there were still stubtlties in it that you noticed, and it was amusing early on but got serious by the end, the only thing i din't like was the final boss after KUJA, as necron made nosense and was a pile of shit

• 2 weeks later...

BadDudes1.gif

I like this storyline, beat the shit out of ninja's and save the president. I'm fucking bad enough.

I liked what Rockstar did with the Warriors, adding the prequel to the actual movie portion of the game. It helped flesh out the characters and also the other gangs you had to contend with. It certainly made things more interesting when you knew the backround of each gang you were fighting.

Guest finoj05

Mafia had a great storyline and a great ending. - Any Action, Period, Gangster fans should check this out, on the PC is the most preferred.

Half-Life 2, best game i have ever played, which includes a great storyline too. - Anyone with a decent graphics card and a good computer (or an X-box, since its down to like 20 or 30 bucks now and is just as good) should get this. I think IGN said something like "Your not a gamer if you don't play this game" or something to that effect... so you should definettly get it, it has probably taken up 150 to 200 hours of my life, and i still love the game.

Edited by finoj05

A game I recently got my hands on and looks pretty good so far, storyline-wise, is Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy. Anyone know this game? It's not very known around here, but I think it's pretty good.

Indigo Prophecy's a good game until the very end. It just gets too.. not exactly complex, because it wasn't, it was pretty simple, but it's like the makers decided to shoot all of their ideas into the game at once, and I just wasn't into the entire cyborg/android (I forgot what they actually were) part of the storyline.

Guest clintcasey

Mafia had a great storyline and a great ending. - Any Action, Period, Gangster fans should check this out, on the PC is the most preferred.

Half-Life 2, best game i have ever played, which includes a great storyline too. - Anyone with a decent graphics card and a good computer (or an X-box, since its down to like 20 or 30 bucks now and is just as good) should get this. I think IGN said something like "Your not a gamer if you don't play this game" or something to that effect... so you should definettly get it, it has probably taken up 150 to 200 hours of my life, and i still love the game.

I did like FF VIII's until the whole Time Compression thing, for me it just got a little silly from then on in but the whole evolution of Squall is awesome and i love it when you're visiting FH and he has the whole reilisation thing while carrying Rhinoa, The ending video is freakin awesome too.

VII is awesome and the most complex though since i still don't fully understand certain aspects of it, i think the ending video there is awesome too and i love how Aeris death really was needed not matter how much of a sacrafice it was.

X is great too, Jecht/Squall is awesome and the ending where he slaps Ject's hand is brilliant, it's really sad too how much he and Yuna are in love and she loses him. I kinda wish they'd left that as the ending was sad but the best i've seen.

I think the GTA: SA storyline is damn awesome too, things don't always need to be too complex to be great and it had it suprises too.