Clerks 2

Ananas

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grapehead

I must admit, I only saw Clerks for the first time yesterday...but it was fucking hilarious. Clerks II doesn't look like it will be as good, but it still has potential.

I get the feeling a lot of people are going to get depressed by this movie. All those people who went "Hey! I can relate to this movie, being in my early 20s in a dead-end, low paying service job." when the first Clerks came out are gonna be "Fuck! I can relate to this movie, being in my early 30s and still in a dead-end, low paying service job."

It doesn't need to be as good as the original. not even close, to be a good film. After the last couple of movies by Kevin Smith, I would like to see him make something enjoyable and good.

I enjoyed Jersey Girl, Affleck gave a solid performance, Liv Tyler is always solid and there were some touching moments in it. Nice, cute movie - not nearly as bad as it was made out to be, and is a totally different Kevin Smith movie.

Can't wait for Clerks 2 either.

It doesn't need to be as good as the original. not even close, to be a good film. After the last couple of movies by Kevin Smith, I would like to see him make something enjoyable and good.

Last couple of movies? I'll give you Jersey Girl, but Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back was an awesome satire. JG is the only average Kevin Smith movie I can think of, because even the ones critics have disliked have been really good purposefully campy fun.

• 3 months later...

Jay and Silent Bob are decent, but Clerks was perfectly funny without them. Hopefully they get a bit more time in this one since in Clerks it was just them outside of the store and the little bit where they came in and talked to Dante and Randal.