Clerks 2

Ananas

Why is Kevin Smith so obsessed with "ending" the Askew movies? Originally it was a trilogy. Then it was done after Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Now Clerks II is it? He needs to stop pinning himself into statements like this because it makes him look like a liar and somebody who really isn't a man of his word. People like these characters, he doesn't need to keep retiring them. He can make a Jersey Girl type movie then do a Clerks type movie to try and act like he still has some credibility. If he's serious about retiring these characters, kill them off and be done with it.

Since when did he lose credibility with Jersey Girl? I guess I can see where he did though as it was a total departure for him but i still liked it, maybe because it was a good chick flick. I liked Clerks 2 because it could have been a simple "same shit as before" sequel but instead it ws actually about these characters having to grow up already.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Jersey Girl cuz I love me some Ben Affleck. The point where he lost any and all credibility with me was seeing him run around like a fucking groupie in Degrassi.

Saw it again and as a movie by itself it's okay. Funny stuff with a forced plot and bullshit ending. If there had been no Clerks, this would have a great comedy but having to live up to the sequel it falls so short. But as I said before I got to see Randal be Randal again and he wrangled across a counter to the Jackson 5 so I'm happy.

Would you rather Dante chase Emma and wind up with just another Caitlin Bree?

Ultimately, Clerks is the cynical 20-something guy who gives everybody the middle finger and wonders why he's gotten nowhere. Clerks 2 is the frustrated 30-something guy who is getting the middle finger from everybody and figures out a way to get somewhere.

What you saw in terms of Dante/Randall had to happen, lest Smith wanted to paint a real bleak picture of existance.

What you saw in terms of Dante/Randall had to happen, lest Smith wanted to paint a real bleak picture of existance.

But bleak pictures of existances are artistic and happy endings are Hollywood bullshit. Duh.

But bleak pictures of existances are artistic and happy endings are Hollywood bullshit. Duh.

Bleak pictures of existances are so 2000. Artistic these days would be for Randall to openly wish he knew how to quit Dante.

Theirloveissopure.

I'm waiting until the promised commentary track comes out before I go check it out again. Unless they're assuming all the hardcore fans will crack and go see it again anyways, and waiting until next week to post it. Because I have to see this flick at least twice.

Saw it again tonight. Just noticed how cool it was to have the Alanis song towards the end, since it was kinda like having one more cameo from a VA regular. And if Jeff Anderson doesn't get more non-Kevin Smith roles after this flick, Hollywood fucking sucks.