Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comes out on the 16th in Australia.

Can't wait to play as Finlay.

Yeah, that's gonna be my first season (or possibly Kennedy).

Oh, and does the whole magic wand thing make anybody else long for a Smackdown vs Raw vs HUSTLE game? :shifty:

do they actually have bands most people have heard of this time? (SD vs. RAW did, 06 didn't)

Boo to you for not knowing Dillenger Escape Plan and Fireball Ministry. Granted, "Unretrofied" is probably the weakest song in DEP's catalog but it's still friggin' DEP. But other than that, the songs for '06 was weak. I'm not a very big fan of rap but I'll listen to it if it's decent. For example, the Tony Hawk games have a knack of selecting decent hip-hop that didn't make you want to gouge out your eardrums. SvR '06 didn't.

I've heard that on the ps2 you can have only 32 layers for caws on 360 its 64 . I've also heard by some that the crotch blur is gone and form others I've heard it still exists. A lot of people are ragin mad because they took out a ton of moves but only added a handful. Doesn't really bother me that much.

One thing i don't like is that they didn't change the way created belts were handled . instead of the belt staying with the character that won it it goes to the profile instead.

The new contol system seems like its gonna be teh big selling point for me

* "Alive and Kicking" (Nonpoint)

* "Animal I Have Become" (Three Days Grace)

* "Bullet With a Name" (Nonpoint)

* "Forgive Me" (Versus The World)

* "I Ain't Your Savior" (Bullets and Octane)

* "Lonely Train" (Black Stone Cherry)

* "Money in the Bank" (Lil Scrappy)

* "Riot" (Three Days Grace)

* "Stitches" (Allele)

* "Survive" (Rise Against)

* "The Champ" (Ghostface Killah)

* "The Enemy" (Godsmack)

-From Wikipedia

i tried to give this game a short test and failed, merly becaus of the gigantic loading times. it even takes 5 seconds to acces the menu that asks you if you want to save or not.... nope not the actual memory card writing, just getting there, the writing/overwriting takes even longer... and loading times to get into a match are overall longer than most matches. :-/

got some more to bitch and 1 1/2 pro points but need to go to work first ;)

I think the magic wand thing was mis-understood. Like previous games, there were storylines that involved your character teaming with a diva, and one match or so required you to play as that diva. I think its just that, and the line in the review was a joke.

Yes, except we have video footage of Kurt Angle being turned into a woman.

For what it's worth, the Undertaker urn-controlling thing at least had a semblance of reality in it, in that weird pro wrestling way--I could actually see WWE putting that sort of storyline on the air. This is just... bizarre. I don't hate it, but I have a feeling it's going to pull a lot of people out of suspension of disbelief while playing season mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PM9yhfYFLw :wacko:

I stand corrected. Now they also need a storyline where Jerry Lawler gets bitten by a radioactive spider and fights the Smurfs in a Hell in a Seashell match.

THERE'S NO HULKAMANIACS HERE!?

EDIT: And it's even better now that I know who bursts out of that wall!

We-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL!

Edited by JPS All Hail King Booker

i tried to give this game a short test and failed, merly becaus of the gigantic loading times. it even takes 5 seconds to acces the menu that asks you if you want to save or not.... nope not the actual memory card writing, just getting there, the writing/overwriting takes even longer... and loading times to get into a match are overall longer than most matches. :-/

got some more to bitch and 1 1/2 pro points but need to go to work first ;)

What console are you playing it on? I'm on the 360 and the load times aren't that bad at all. Sure there's a fair few loading screens, but they don't take as long as you're suggesting. Hmm, maybe Germans are just really impatient >_>

How many people are allowed in the ring at once for a Royal Rumble? Is it still six or did they actually make it authentic this time?

Still six I think. I'm as disappointed as you are. I'd think it'll go up for the next game though, both versions being on next-gen an' all. It's been six for too long.

Until they find a solution to needing so many HUDs on-screen at a time, I don't see it surpassing six. I like it the way it is, yeah it would be more realistic if you could have up to thirty in at a time but it'll be hard to do with so many models and so many HUDs needing to be displayed I think.