Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anti-Hero

For some reason I still don't know how to do some things. On the 360 version, how do you slingshot/moonsault to the outside from the ring when you're standing still next to the ropes? And how do you do running attacks to your opponent when they're down?

I hope they put the realistic results of some moves back in for the next game. For example, I know in one game in this series that when you did a toss close to the ropes, your opponent would fly out of the ring. I'd love for that to be put back in and for that move to be able to send you into objects like the turnbuckles, security walls etc. A belly-to-belly suplex like that would also be awesome, opponent running at you, you counter with an overhead suplex that sends them over the top rope. That would be cool.

There's a few Ultimate Control grapples that do that. You can Chokeslam, Fall Away Slam or Military Press people over the ropes to the floor. There's also the Superplex from the ladder.

If you can send them over the rope with the toss, I must not be doing it close enough to the ropes. I'll give it another go later.

I'm playing through season mode with Kurt Angle and I've just done the storyline with Edge and Candice Michelle. Is it the most unrealistic, ridiculous thing to ever appear in a SmackDown game? Yes. Is it fun to play through? You betcha. Seriously, it had me laughing out loud and that doesn't happen too often. Very enjoyable.

Are all three Mexicools in the game?

And PS2 has no crotch blur, while the 360 has a HUGE one.

???

I concur. Please elaborate on this 'crotch blur'.

You're limited to the space you can have a logo/design on the front and back of underwear/tights because the censorship of the crotch blurs it out. It's been on Smackdown games for a while now.

Yeah, as said. It's apparently to stop people using the designs to draw sex organs on their wrestlers. But now that you can't go online if you have any designs on your CAW, I had hoped they'd have got rid of it.

Does anybody know if or any Raw stars other than Edge have a different storyline to start with than the "Taking on the Show" storyline? I'd prefer not to go through this one again, but it seems everybody has it.

Try using the people who are in that storyline... Carlito, Daivari, Chavo, Big Show, Viscera(?).

Meh, not exactly the best choices of characters really. I'm probably going to go with Edge again since he's an interesting character and has a different storyline.

It's a shame they couldn't throw in a bit more variety instead of giving the majority that stupid "Taking on the Show" storyline.

So.....my quest for "WWE Champion, Gregory Helms" hit a few potholes on the road the other night.

Namely the......

Ultimate submission match with Kurt Angle during the "cleaning up Raw" storyline. It's tough enough to beat a high rated star as a cruiserweight, but add in that it has to be by submission, and that the match is "ironman" type, and that you can't leave the ring, and you have trouble for poor Gregory Helms. Kurt Angle spent nearly 10 minutes out of the 20 just beating me up while I couldn't reverse anything. I did, however, reverse the ankle lock about 5 times, but that just left me down as if he had hit the angle slam on me. Finally, after repeated swearing, and trying the match over again, i managed to beat him 1-0. I got lucky in a submission b type and hit the escape spot on the third try by luck. Then I managed to keep from tapping out in the Ankle lock for the last 10 seconds to hold on for the win. It was intense.