Why was that not a single?

Hellfire

I was listening to The Documentary by the Game on the way home from work today and one thought went through my head when I was listening to some of the songs, specifically "Put you on the Game" and "Start from Scratch" was: Why the hell wasn't this a single? Anyways, what songs have you heard that deserve to be more widely listened to or that didn't get the hype they deserved when they came out?

Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock". I love Twiststed Sister and in my opinion "I Wanna Rock" is better than "Were Not Gonna Take It". Its sad the single never took off. I also own there "greatest hits" album, and alot of songs on the album rock, like "I Am" or something like that. They should not have been One Hit Wonders.

Also on the Sum 41 Album "Chuck" the singles on it were "Were All To Blame", "Pieces" and "Some Say". My favorite song on the album was "No Reason" that should have been a single.

I also own there "greatest hits" album, and alot of songs on the album rock, like "I Am" or something like that.

I have Twisted Sister - Big Hits And Nasty Cuts. Best off thing.

Thats the best album ever.

Soundgarden's "Zero Chance" instantly springs to mind. That song is powerful, despite its relatively simplicity.

Static-X's "Control It" would have really brought people who enjoyed 'Machine' and 'Wisconsin Death Trip' into the fold.

Practically any song from the first Days of the New album (aside from "Cling") would have been excellent singles. Frankly, that entire album was excellent. Speaking of which, I think "Hang On To This" from the third album would have been an assured hit on rock radio with the right push.

System of a Down should've done "Viscinity of Obscenity" or "U-Fig" instead of "Lonely Day"...it's time they put out a single that was completely off-the-wall. At least then they have a reason to be gramatically incorrect.

Eh, more if I can think of them.

Bands should get around this problem by doing a Linkin Park and releasing every fucking song on the CD.

'Good Girl' by Roll Deep should have been released, I guess there's still time in a sense, and 'Justboy' by Biffy Clyro should have gone out ahead of '57'.

On CKY's latest album, "Familiar Realms" was the single. But I think either "Triple Manic State" or "Don't Hold Your Breathe" would have made better singles. Actually, "Don't Hold Your Breath" is the most radio friendly song on the CD, I would have chosen that one.

"Whatsername" - Green Day. This was easily the best song off American Idiot. It was made for Radio, and would've been a fantastic hit for Green Day.

I think every track on that album could have easilly been a single, the ones that SHOULDN'T have been were the ridiculously long ones, one of which, of course, they released.

On CKY's latest album, "Familiar Realms" was the single. But I think either "Triple Manic State" or "Don't Hold Your Breathe" would have made better singles. Actually, "Don't Hold Your Breath" is the most radio friendly song on the CD, I would have chosen that one.

Another song that comes to mind would be "Narc" by Interpol, off the Antics CD. MUCH better than "Evil", and yet not a single. What gives?

I may be mistaken, but "Narc" was a radio single here in the States. Don't think it was released commercially, though.

Bands should get around this problem by doing a Linkin Park and releasing every fucking song on the CD.

I would've loved it if "The Noose" by A Perfect Circle had been a single. It's one of my favorites off Thirteenth Step, and much better than "Weak and Powerless", IMO. Oh well, I was happy that "Blue" was a single, for the short enough time before EMOtive was released.

Maybe I was on my own, but I seemed to be one of the only people I knew who digged the Failure cover, "The Nurse Who Loved Me", and to me that coulda been single material.

I would've loved it if "The Noose" by A Perfect Circle had been a single. It's one of my favorites off Thirteenth Step, and much better than "Weak and Powerless", IMO. Oh well, I was happy that "Blue" was a single, for the short enough time before EMOtive was released.