Madden 2007

Cole

I was walking by EBGames and saw thew Hall Of Fame edition on the PS2 for 25 dollars, so I decided to pick it up, not really thinking that I'd like it all that much but I didn't have enough right off the bat for The Show 2007 and I was getting antsy for something new to play. I was never a big American football fan but I'm hooked as of right now on the game after starting the Hall Of Famer mode. I'm not really enjoying the practices and stuff, but I do a couple and then sim a couple. I do kind of miss the simpler days of sports games... but oh well. This is fun too.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the difference between Hall Of Fame mode on 07 and Superstar mode on 06?

Okay, I'm officially cursed at Madden. I have a good back, Travis Henry, who normally runs for 20+ touchdowns and around 1500 yards. But, he's getting up there, so I take a kid I have, who I was using primarily as a late game sub, and decide to make him the new starter and use Henry as the third down back. The new kid, Andrew Nelson, a former second round pick, takes well to being the starter, racking up 1700 yards and 17 TDs. Henry had a good year too, but he was on the way down in stats and, at the end of the year, retired. So I use my 1st that year (23rd) to draft a new running back, one Nick Swift. Nick is a powerback, whereas Nelson is a raw speed back, so I think they can make a good tandem with Nick playing plow forward and Nelson running to the outside. On the VERY FIRST GAME of the year, Nelson breaks his shoulder and is out for the entire year. I put him on the IR and decide to use Swift as my starter, since he was actually just as fast as Nelson, and better at breaking tackles, so he could be a star all purpose back. But I need a new backup since all the free agents and my other on roster running back are atrocious. So I make a trade, which then requires me to make a series of cuts, sigings, and trades to get back under the cap (i was 20k under the cap on the first day of the season). But hey, I got Rex Grossman as a backup Qb and a new duel headed serphant at RB. So in game 3, Swift goes out with a knee injury and is gone for the next six weeks.

ARGH. My dreams of repeating are over. :(

Funny you should say that... because my starter got hurt in the very next game and Sexy Rexy became the starter for 4 weeks. He was actually doing okay up until that point, with spot work when my QB was hurt for a few plays, QB rating around 94, 2 TDs and no interceptions... but with the chance to play more, HOLY FUCK did he stink it up. He managed to drop his overall quarterback rating down below 60, including a positively stinky 34 in a game where he threw 2 touchdowns... that was bad. For the last game without my starting quarterback, I went to Ricky Ray... and he actually wasn't bad.

I think Grossman is relegated to holding duty for the rest of the year.

Somehow, through all the injuries, my team is 10-2... just an example of how awful player development in Madden is more then anything, since I was during that stretch missing a starting guard, tackle, safety, corner, quarterback, and two running backs for varying games and yet managed to continue winning. It helps that every quarterback in the league sucks once the real guys start retiring. I mean, Eli Manning is being considered for quarterback of the year, he's thrown more interceptions then touchdowns and his team is only 6-6.

My current Franchise game, I'm getting a bit pissed off about something:

I'm playing a created team (replaced the Saints), using fantasy draft, and am in Week 15 of season 2.

Tom Brady's stats (He's a Forty-Whiner):

164/252 completions, 19 TDs, 1967 yards, 102.3 rating

He's in 3rd place for the Pro Bowl, behind Peyton Manning (Seahawks) and Chris Simms (Vikings), but is on the DL for 1 more week (he's been on it for 4 or 5 weeks)

Eli Manning's stats (My starting QB):

134/182 completions, 36 TDs, 2269 yards, 152.7 rating

So why is Brady going to the Pro Bowl instead of Eli?