Horror movies these days fucking suck.

What the fuck.

I mean, seriously, come on. Did people actually like Hostel? Why not just show snuff films? It's basically the same thing, the only real difference is that people actually die in snuff flicks.

Seriously, how fucking bad are these movies going to get, it's like gore for the sake of gore, who cares about a plot?

Plot, what's that? :mellow:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

Hostel is one of the best concepts of a horror movie I've ever seen, I agree with FI, the older horror movies are a fucking joke, don't have an eerie feel about them and are just poorly acted/made.

Was there a golden age for horror? Because last time I checked, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday 13th etc are all laughable. The only older horror movies I actually like are the Night of the Living Dead movies.

Oh, I hate pretty much all horror movies, it just seems like the more recent ones get more publicity and rave reviews because of how gory they are, horror movies in general pretty much fucking suck, it's a good date movie, that's about it.

They're just really fucking droll and not fun to watch at all.

Guest muddatrucker

I don't generally like horror films because they're just bleh and never reach their desired effect with me, gore works for the simple fact that its as close to someone actually getting fucked up than most of us will ever see and we like that.

The scariest thing about Hostel was the thought that it could happen, probably not on that scale but the idea of getting kidnapped and brutally tortured could quite easily happen.

That said, I didn't find the film itself scary. It was nowhere near as gory as people claimed (there's no way it made any adult throw up).

The Hills Have Eyes, while not quite as good as the original, was a fantastic recent horror film. Yeah, it had oodles of gore, but it was integral to the plot, and the plot itself is pretty damn good.

The best horror movies, though, are things like the original Night Of The Living Dead and Day Of The Triffids...that's the "golden age" of horror movies.

I don't generally like horror films because they're just bleh and never reach their desired effect with me, gore works for the simple fact that its as close to someone actually getting fucked up than most of us will ever see and we like that.

I'm just kinda tired of hearing how great these movies are from everyone, and then when you go to see it's the biggest letdown ever. Woohoo, some guy gets butchered. Yeah, didn't see that coming, not to mention that it can only be done so many times before it gets boring.

I don't know how you can say that with a straight face, it's got just as much gore as anything else, the only thing I hear people talk about when they talk about Saw is "oh my god did you see that one scene where that guy had to saw through his leg.." etc. etc.

Guest muddatrucker

I don't know how you can say that with a straight face, it's got just as much gore as anything else, the only thing I hear people talk about when they talk about Saw is "oh my god did you see that one scene where that guy had to saw through his leg.." etc. etc.

Guest Kliq Masterson

Apart from really old horror movies like House on Haunted Hill or the Fly, the only modern horror movie that I can think of as having a plot is probably the Scream series. And even at that, past the first film, it wasn't very good.

Apart from really old horror movies like House on Haunted Hill or the Fly, the only modern horror movie that I can think of as having a plot is probably the Scream series. And even at that, past the first film, it wasn't very good.

Scream was essentially just a parody of horror franchises like Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th, though, which to some degree were already a parody...and Scary Movie was a parody of Scream...someone needs to make a parody of Scary Movie, it would be the most post-modern film ever made.

Guest Kliq Masterson

The DVD box of Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Halloween on Friday the 13th (I think that's the title) says it parodies Scary Movie, but it should also say that's a pure pile of shit that went straight to DVD/video.

On that subject, what was Jason's motives behind the insane murders of everyone he came across?

He was allowed to drown while camp counselors fucked, drank, and smoked.

He witnessed some girl behead his mother.

He's fucking insane.