Gaming In Families

PkmnTrainerJ

Are there games that your whole family plays? Or do they not know you play?

I come from a gaming family, my mother plays platformers mainly, although we all have a family game on Bomberman/Tiger Woods every now and then. My stepdad plays on Tiger Woods and RPGs. My little brothers play pretty much everything I do, bar racing games (I don't play racing games, Mario Kart is the only exception) and my younger sister plays my Pokémon games and GTA occasionally.

Guest clintcasey

Not me. I've never seen my dad play a video game ever. (of course he was 37 when I was born) and my mom only ever liked to play tetris. My Older brother used to be a good platform gammer way back. He's the onle who introduced me to Super Mario Brothers when I was about 3 or 4 and thats what first got me into gamming. He occoassionaly plays a few PC games now, but his wife gets mad at him because once he gets started he'll play for several hours at a time. Mostly he just plays stratagy games these days which I guess makes sense given his occupation. When I was younger he used to be a whole lot better than me but the last time we played together was about the time Halo 2 came out. We played Beaver creek and I F'ING OWNED HIM! First to 25 points at . I picked up the Rocket Launcher at the begining and after I used up 4 rockets I stopped bothering to go after more ammo and I got the rest of my kills for the whole game by running up behind him and beating him down. He managed to stick me once with a plasma and it was his one kill the whole game (problem is I hugged him after he stuck me :lmao: ). So after I respawned I still didn't even bother to use a gun on him and just kept beating him down until I won.

And my Younger Sister hardly ever plays at all that I know of. She actualy went out and bought a Game Cube when they first came out but I've played it at least 20 times more than she ever has. She's not much of a gammer.

One time my mother broke out my Super Nintendo and played the original Mario Bros. game to the end, when I hadn't even beat it. Other than that, dad plays pool online or the random game that comes in cereal.

My grandmother always plays city building strategy games, card games, and games like Bejeweled.

When I was growing up, my Mom and I used to play Castlevania 2, and Mario together. And the two of us plus my Dad would have huge Tetris WARS on the Gameboy.

Currently, my wife loves to play Double Dash, Gamecube Tetris, as well as Mario Baseball with me. Oh, and for some reason, Mario Party 5. This is in addition to the games she plays alone, like Animal Crossing and The Sims.

Guest Bluesman

My mom used to play Nintendo with me back in the day. She still plays games some too, as she's a big fan of Diablo II.

I got my dad to play me a bit on NHL '96 on the Genesis, but since I kicked his ass so bad he refuses to play me in anything again.

I actually got my X-Box from my uncle, who had bought one and had to get rid of it because he was spending way too much time playing it. Same kind of thing happened back in the day, as he bought me a Sega CD, played it a bit, and when he didn't like it he returned it.

My wife plays games quite a bit as well. She's more into the Jax and Dexter/Sly the Raccoon type games (though loves Tetris), but she's played quite a bit of Halo 2 and Battlefront II with me as well.

My cousins are big into playing video games, no surprise since they've played them since they were really, really young. They had a SNES and the oldest used to play Donkey Kong Country constantly.

My grandma used to play SNES all the time as well. I'd go over to her place and we'd play Super Mario World alot.

Only my brother and I play video games. My girlfriend does too, but she's not too savvy with the console controllers and is more at home with a keyboard and mouse and games like RCT and Zoo Tycoon.

My mother wouldn't even know how to turn a console on, in fact when we were younger and she'd threaten to turn the MegaDrive off she'd turn the TV off not realising we could just pause the game and start it up again when she left. My step-dad has no clue either. The only thing my Dad ever played was Super Hang On on the MegaDrive which he was quite good at, probably cause he was into motorbikes more than anything though.

This girl at school's mother used to carry a breezeblock gameboy with her everywhere. I thought that was quite sad.

Mum got into Tomb Raider heaps when it came out on the Playstation. Dad used to play C&C on it too, then he moved onto the PS2 casually playing GTA:VC simply so he could get all vigilante by killing the Haitians. My uncle plays alot of PS2, because he gets a shitload of games every month or two from China. Bastard. :shifty:

I used to play alot of Playstation, but now I rarely play the PS2, aside from now and then playing San Andreas.

Edited by Quoth The Raven

My Dad plays Abe's Oddyssey and the FIFA games, and occasionally plays games like Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia and other such action games.

My sister loves SSX and Timesplitters, but is crap at both of them.

Me Mum will watch me Dad when he's playing Abe (he's very jumpy when he plays, he throws the controller about as well as himself, it's humerous to watch), but doesn't really play.

There used to be this game called Kerushi or something, where you had blocks chasing you and you had to make them disappear, both my rents were addicted to that, it was a good game.

My dad used to play back in the 8/16 bit era. But everything moves a little fast for him now, so he doesn't anymore. He will occasionally play a golf game, because it's nice and slow, but that's about it. Although, oddly enough, we've played a lot of Need for Speed. He's a professional driver nowadays so it makes sense that he is good at it, but he always says games move too fast and that he gets motion sickness and yet he's fine playing NFS...

My mom is a massive Sims freak. She used to play till 3 or 4 am when we had the PC one, which was annoying since I own the only PC in the house and, back then, I didn't have the heart to kick my mom's ass off the computer. I just bought her the Gamecube Sims, and she's addicted all over again, although there is much less to do so I know eventually she will move on and I can take my machine back. I watch the years tick by anxiously...

And of course me and my brother play. He's mostly a DS guy, though he plays Cube and PS2 when he can.

There used to be this game called Kerushi or something, where you had blocks chasing you and you had to make them disappear, both my rents were addicted to that, it was a good game.

KURUSHI! HAH, I loved that game.

As for my family, all my brothers play games, with my older one mostly into FPS type games, my stepbrother into RPG's and all of us into football games. My little sis is more into stuff like Zoo Tycoon and The Sims.

My Dad usually plays the sports games against us from time to time, but prefers the Ice Hockey games usually. My Stepmum completed Crash Bandicoot:Wrath Of Cortex on the X-Box, but I dunno if she plays anything else.

I play mainly sports games but enjoy stealth games such as MGS and Hitman. The odd multiplayer game of TimeSplitters is fun, too.

My dad rarely plays any games, now and again he'll have a game against me and my brother on a sports game which he rarely wins (he was pretty good on Madden 2005, though).

My mum enjoys the simple stuff like PC Pinball, GB Tetris, Bejeweled, doesn't play them too often, goes through spells where she'll play them quite a bit though.

We all have a game or two on the Buzz games occasionally too which is quite fun.

Edited by alldawson

Neither me or any of my brothers really play at all any more, but me and my twin brother used to play a lot of games together, and have fairly similar tastes in them. My oldest brother never really played games until he got into his mid-20s, and mostly sticks to racing and fighting games, I think, and Championship Manager. My second oldest brother was who got me into gaming, and used to play a lot of platformers and fighting games with me when I was a kid, but now he's married with kids and doesn't really play any more, and when he does, it's just a quick half hour or so on a PS1 game like Crash Bandicoot. When he comes over to visit, he plays Timesplitters a bit, though.

My Dad only ever really got into Championship Manager, which he was in to in a big way, and TOCA Touring Cars to a lesser extent. The only game my Mum ever played was Columns, which she was amazing at for some reason.

My Sister plays The Sims games. My Dad plays The Sims games and all the sports sims I have (NHL EHM, TPB, TCB, OOTP etc.). My Mom plays games like Ms. Pacman and all those old games in the many classic arcade games collection games for ps1 I have.