Taking Back Sunday...

YI

are probably gayer than your favourite band.

Hellogoodbye are pretty wank live, as their quirkiness doesn't really translate (Plus the singer is ugly as sin...and looks like a total numpty). They also got pelted with coins, which probably took away from their performance. :shifty: (Opening bands must hate Newcastle...they always seem to get hit with things) He then made the biggest mistake ever of calling them quarters...OOOOHHH! As I said, doesn't translate well live. The last 4 songs weren't bad though. One was a heavy song starting with the Blink 182 chord progression (That got a bit of a pit going much to my surprise), they then did a new song which was good, then they did "Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn" which never finished after the singing got a coin to the head (If I remember rightly) and walked off for a bit (But the band kept playing, which was a nice touch IMO...they didn't just go, "fuck this"). The singer came back out and they managed another song without any confrontation, I didn't recognise this, but it was pretty good. But as I said, nowhere near as good live. The heavier songs were good though...and I didn't really recognise these.

Eisley were great. But they did not go down well at all with the crowd. They had water thrown at them, no coins though. But because it's fronted by 3 women and not a geek I think the crowd held back. I liked them though. Their vocals are different. They're both haunting and sweet, really nice to listen to. Only recognised 1 song; "Marvelous Things" which was good. Did not go down well with the emo-tastic crowd. Whereas I with superior musical tastes enjoyed them. If only they'd opened for DCFC, it'd have been so much better. Hopefully they come back with a band where they'll be appreciated, because I'd love to see them again. They all look more attractive in person as well. :pervert: I wanted to knock out some guy who kept shouting "Korn Rules" during their set, for the sheer randomness and wrongness of the statement...plus he looked like a fag.

TBS..hmmm. Their stage presense is amazing. The crowd went wild. For me though it was the stage presense that got me into them on the night, it was hard to not get excited. I don't know many TBS songs. I know they busted out "Cute Without The E" and "Timberwolves At New Jersey" off of the first album (Both of which were my favourites on the night). The start to "Cute Without The E" was amazing...they were ranting on about the city and the Museum of Modern art...he asked people to put their hands up if they were going to go...he said "That's about four people...speaking of 4...this next song starts on the 4th string 4th fret" (Or something like that) and then it kicked in...and the place went apeshit. I only remember "The Photograph Is Proof" and "180 By Summer" off of the 2nd album, maybe "Set Phasers To Stun" as well, I can't remember. There was more off of the first 2 though, just can't remember/recognise them. Off of the new album they did "Miami", "Make Damn Sure", "What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost", "20-20 Surgery", "Liar", "Error Opperator" and "My Blue Heaven"...they also did Divine Intervention as a 1 man encore thing...I hate the song plus seeing DCFC doing the exact same thing better and with a better song a couple of months earlier it was nowhere near as cool as others thought, to me. Plus no "Decade Under The Influence" (Or so I believe...I didn't recognise it if they did it :shifty:) or "Spin" was a bit fucking gay.

So yeah...I kind of ranted on...tough shit. I can't hear anything. I was at the front for the support acts, moved a bit back for TBS, but ended up on the side and out of the pit...gay. I hate emo-kids. With a fucking passion. Oh, and

Edited by YI

So yeah...I kind of ranted on...tough shit. I can't hear anything. I was at the front for the support acts, moved a bit back for TBS, but ended up on the side and out of the pit...gay. I hate emo-kids. With a fucking passion. Oh, and

Edited by TheArsenal

And what? You can't leave us in suspense like that.....

Edited by YI

Hmm, Taking Back Sunday. 3rd best emo band that I've listened to, and I've listened to most of the popular bands. Unless you count Coheed as emo, in which case they're 4th best.

Even so, I don't really like the genre and I don't really like them much at all, they just happen to sound better than the others in there.

We've got a Carling Academy down here too, playing the same sort of things. A girl I know went to see Taking Back Sunday and wouldn't stop talking about them for ages. Made me want to rip her throat out. But I couldn't, because I was shagging her sister.

You don't go to a TBS show and expect them to sound good, that's just the way that it is. If you have ever seen a video of them playing live, you should know that. The appeal is half in how he acts on stage and half in the lyrics that he adds into the live versions of songs... take it or leave it I guess.

You don't go to a TBS show and expect them to sound good, that's just the way that it is. If you have ever seen a video of them playing live, you should know that. The appeal is half in how he acts on stage and half in the lyrics that he adds into the live versions of songs... take it or leave it I guess.

Typical emofag standing up for one of his favorite bands...and failing. <_<

Does it not help though if the band, ya know, sound decent? Or am I just getting old?

Edited by TMM

Typical emofag standing up for one of his favorite bands...and failing. <_<

If people are paying to go see, and continue to go see Taking Back Sunday, and they are as successful as they are, then your point is right in theory, but ultimately wrong.... since well, they are still successful, still making music and still headlining some tours.