World Cup 2006

Dan

Australia play Lichtenstein later tonight in their final warmup before the World Cup. We're fielding our alternate players where possible, but I'm still hoping to see us put in a few goals.

World Cup Countdown

2 Days to Go!

So with two days to go we might as well start predictions for the first day.

Group A

Germany ger.gif - crc.gif Costa Rica

Poland pol.gif - ecu.gif Ecuador

I can see a draw in both games, maybe even a surprise from Costa Rica.

Edited by The DanArockalypse

For those interested, Australia are currently drawn up 1 all with Liechtenstein after one half of football. Liechtenstein's goal came from a Lucas Neil on goal, and John Aloisi scored the equaliser about ten minutes later.

Australia playing erratically, far too cocky.

I can see Costa Rica sneaking a draw or maybe (hopefully) a win, if things go there way. Haven't been overly impressed with Germany, although the home advantage should help them out.

Poland to comfortably beat Ecuador as well, unless their goalie can kick the ball really far.

Liechtenstein football teams play in the Swiss football leagues. The Liechtenstein Cup allows access to one Liechtenstein team each year in the UEFA Cup -- FC Vaduz, a team playing in the Swiss Challenge League (i.e. the second level of Swiss football) is the most successful team in the Cup, and scored their greatest success in the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1996 when they defeated the Latvian team FC Universitate Riga by 1:1 and 4:2, to go on to a lucrative fixture against Paris St Germain, which they lost 0:4 and 0:3.

Bwahahahha

They beat Luxembourg in 2004, 4-0 though.

It gets better...

Mario Frick (born September 7, 1974 in Chur, Switzerland) is a football player from Liechtenstein, who holds the record for being their national side's all time top goalscorer, with 7 goals.

Edited by The DanArockalypse

In other news... Australia are drawing 1-1 with Liechtenstein as we speak...

... way to go!

Liechtenstein football teams play in the Swiss football leagues. The Liechtenstein Cup allows access to one Liechtenstein team each year in the UEFA Cup -- FC Vaduz, a team playing in the Swiss Challenge League (i.e. the second level of Swiss football) is the most successful team in the Cup, and scored their greatest success in the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1996 when they defeated the Latvian team FC Universitate Riga by 1:1 and 4:2, to go on to a lucrative fixture against Paris St Germain, which they lost 0:4 and 0:3.

Bwahahahha

They beat Luxembourg in 2004, 4-0 though.

It gets better...

Mario Frick (born September 7, 1974 in Chur, Switzerland) is a football player from Liechtenstein, who holds the record for being their national side's all time top goalscorer, with 7 goals.