World Cup 2006

Dan

T&T is Dwight Yorke is it not? Is Marquez the Mexico captain?

EDIT: Oh, and let me into the league. Just signed up.

Edited by TMM

Tournament MVP? I'm going to go with Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Better question -- who wins the Golden Boot? I'm thinking Luca Toni has the best chance, although I would love to see an African get it (Drogba?).

PS -- 31 hours to go!

Interestingly enough, I'm backing Borgetti for top scorer. Mexico have to play Angola and Iran in the groups so he'll be amongst the goals there. Then obviously they'll be into the knockout stages and if Mexico score it's more than likely going to be him that does it. He was top scorer in qualifying.

What's quite odd is I think Borgetti is one of the most pathetic club players ever - he used to play for Bolton didn't he? - and club wise I don't think he's done anything, I could be wrong though.

But as soon as he dons the Mexican shirt he's suddenly awesome. Guess that's what playing for the 4th best county in the World does for you?

Borgetti aint too bad, isn't he pretty old? He scored a few goals for Bolton during his first season, I didn't think he was too bad actually, not someone who's exactly going to set the World Cup on fire though.

It's a tough call for top scorer, I know some are saying Luca Toni but I wouldn't be surprised if Gilardino turned out to actually score more for Italy, could be his big chance to shine.

Germany 3-1 Costa Rica

Poland 2-1 Ecuador