World Cup 2006

Dan

to be perfectly honest - i had an issue with i think it was takahara's elbow - he came in sorta from the side, which is not on.

but yes - i'll go for the US too :D. come on, yanks!

Edited by plubby

USA Lineup:

Keller

Lewis - Onyewu - Pope - Cherundolo

Beasley - Convey - Reyna© - Mastroeni - Donovan

McBride

It appears that we're doing everything possible to win the midfield. I hope Onyewu can boss Koller a bit, and depending on Rosicky and Nedved's relative health, we have a chance. FIFA is reporting that Baros is on the bench, which will be a help. McBride won't be alone up front -- Beasley and Donovan will run with him. Convey's start means John O'Brien isn't match-fit, which is unfortunate. All in all, this is going to be close.

I really cant wait for this game to see who we can compete with the Czechs. I like the midfield group that they are playing with since Convey has been playing well in the past couple matches. If the US is looking for a goal at halftime they will probably throw another forward up top in Eddie Johnson and move back to a 4-4-2, but that is just my opinion. I also remember back to the last Mexico game when I think it was Onyewu that tottaly bossed Borgetti around and shut him down, I hope that he can do that again today against Koller.

Ah well... come on the US!

Seriously, does anyone actually like the Czechs?

*Raises hand*

The Czech's are a really good side. A god outside bet for the entire tournament. If any of the non "big names" (Brazil, England, Germany, Argentina) don't win it, the Czech's have gotta be up there. I'll be rooting for them.

Well I had Japan down for a decent run this year as their squad is good and Nakata and Alex played excellently.

Unfortunately I forgot that Japanese culture is based around committing suicide :shifty:

I kinda wish I hadn't watched it in the Walkabout Australian bar in Birmingham city centre but it was the only place I was certain would have it on.

I love the way the Japanese would play it out of defence instead of booting it clear, but I wish they would have actually taken shots rather than passing all the time around the box.

Ah well... come on the US!

Seriously, does anyone actually like the Czechs?

*Raises hand*

The Czech's are a really good side. A god outside bet for the entire tournament. If any of the non "big names" (Brazil, England, Germany, Argentina) don't win it, the Czech's have gotta be up there. I'll be rooting for them.

*raises hand also*

Aside from McBride playing for Fulham, I have no reason to want the Yanks to win anyway. I like the Czechs as well.

Okay, fine, so the Czechs are popular... phooey.

Can we all agree to root against the Italians? :)

EDIT: HGWannabe, actually the Mexicans do something similar during their national anthem.

All of us will root against the Italians, apart from Dirty Johnny.

And I didn't realise Mexico did anything like that....but yeah, I just find it a little contrived to some extent.