World Cup 2006

Dan

Ukraine could still beat the US. Spain came good as much as Ukraine being bad...plus this is their first World Cup, which does have some affect I'm sure.

Ukraine and US were both poor, but US lacks a match winner, whilst Ukraine at least have Shevvers.

I got 1 point from Germany there, though I coulda done with them scoring another goal.

Dukes, the other one is Teofilo Cubillas for Peru ('70, '82).

How good am I? :P

Edit: No, he didn't actually score in '82. Bugger.

Lothar Mattheus might've been the man. He played in shitloads of World Cups, and scored shitloads of goals. Didn't score in 94 (so it can't be 82, 94) but it might've been '86 and '98.

Turns out he scored bugger all. It's not him either.

Damn you, now I need to know ¬_¬.

Edit 5443: Got it :D

Uwe Seeler ('58, '72). Also the only man other than Pele to score in four different World Cups.

So yeah: Pele, Seeler, Maradonna, Laudrup, Al-Jaber.

Score~!

Edited by TheReilDeal

Maybe Germany have the fans behind them, but that's about the only positive thing I see for them. The result was what they wanted tonight, but still they should of hammered Poland. If and when they do draw one of the big teams, I'm really going to enjoy seeing them get torn to pieces, which they will do unless they start playing way better than they have in the two previous games. Poland were poor, but they still held on for nearly the entire game, Germany would go and skank them right at the end wouldn't they.

Tunisia/SA somehow came to life at the end, I loved the final ten minutes for some reason. The second SA goal was sweet, couldn't believe it when Tunisia snatched a last minute equaliser. Both teams really tried towards the end, lucky result for Ukraine.

What's everyone's best goal so far? After seeing today, I'm saying the fourth goal from Spain. That was just such a brilliant goal, from the build up to the perfect finish, it just sort of shot out a warning to all the other teams.

Yeah, because if Germany end up playing Brazil, they're going to be torn to shreds after the amazingly dominant display from Brazil against Croatia.

I suppose Germany are just shit.

While Brazil just didn't try?

Germany fans took to the streets after the last-minute winner against Poland and there was a strong police presence as they gathered to celebrate.

They won a group game 1-0 against a shit team and now they're gonig crazy...

Stupid typical Germans.

to The DanArockalypse: What you wrote about the Germans is absolute shit. Why are the Germans stupid? Aren't we allowed to celebrate the victory over Poland? Of course a lot of police is needed if many people come together and drink and have some fun. But why is that stupid?

kimi

to The DanArockalypse: What you wrote about the Germans is absolute shit. Why are the Germans stupid? Aren't we allowed to celebrate the victory over Poland? Of course a lot of police is needed if many people come together and drink and have some fun. But why is that stupid?

kimi

So going out on the streets and causing mayhem is what you do after every match?

What's the point - It was only Poland, we beat them twice, easily, in qualifying.