World Cup 2006

Dan

So I had Juninho on my fantasy roster, he didn't see time either of the first two games and I replaced him. Obviously the next logical step is to have him score today, the bastard.

I did that with Deco, although he was injured the first game. I transferred him out for Lampard, who's prob done more in the last two games than Deco anyway ... though Deco scored in game 2.

A lot of the players who were supposed to show up, like McBride and Donovan were invisible (except for being elbowed...).

A player like McBride can only do so much without service, it's hardly his fault.

Italy midfielder Daniele De Rossi has been banned for four games for elbowing USA striker Brian McBride in the face.

It means De Rossi, who has served one match of the suspension, can only play again at the World Cup if Italy reach the final or third-place play-off.

Fifa's disciplinary committee also fined the Roma player 6,400 Euros.

The incident occurred in the first half of Italy's Group E match against USA and left McBride needing three stitches to a cut under his eye.

So I had Juninho on my fantasy roster, he didn't see time either of the first two games and I replaced him. Obviously the next logical step is to have him score today, the bastard.

I did that with Deco, although he was injured the first game. I transferred him out for Lampard, who's prob done more in the last two games than Deco anyway ... though Deco scored in game 2.

Wait, Lampard has done something?

Did I blink?

Maybe I was ordering a beer at the vital moment.

He has actually had the most shots of anyone in the tournament.

Admittedly, he hasn't scored yet, but meh...my point still stands :shifty:

He's had the most shots of anyone, yeah, but he's got no goals, and how many of them were actually on target? And not straight at the 'keeper?

And how many of them might've gone in if he actually passed the ball and wasn't such a glorywhore?

"*quints* I can just about make out the goalposts. Must be time to shoot then. Get the fuck out the way, Crouchie, you're blocking my view of the goal. I don't care if you ARE a centre forward, I'm Frank Fucking Lampard, and if you're stupid enough to let me have the ball, I'll hoof it anywhere I damn well please, thanks".

Yeah, he might've been the Premiership's top scorer, but that just backs up my point. If you've got the likes of Crespo and Drogba up front, and your top scorer is a midfielder...

I dunno what annoys me more. The long balls to Crouch from everyone else, when he can't actually head the ball, he just has it kicked against his face so hard it sometimes goes in. Or the long balls to the crowd from Lampard.

Edited by TheReilDeal

To be honest, Reily, he makes most of the chances himself also, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the most part.

And complaining because he scores more than the forwards is a stupid complaint (and one that you could levy at Gerrard at Liverpool also)

TRB, Gerrard never gets lucky, oh no, no he doesn't >_>

EDIT: Oh, and people still complain about Crouch? Sheesh.....

Edited by liamwannabe