Winning Eleven or Fifa

Tarheels.

9 came out in February I think, I'll still probably pick it up sometime this week. I'm still not exactly sure considering Fifa is about $10 less, but people are saying its shit too, so I'm not sure. They don't have it at Blockbuster near me so I can't rent it so I guess I'll just pick up WE9.

Guest Josef Stallion

Well I never liked soccer/football until the World Cup, which has been tremendous. I too have been wondering what game to get and with my birthday coming up soon WE is the game to go with :)

It's a reference to the second post :P

Ah, sorry about that.

By the way, what platforms is Winning Eleven available for? I"m a Gamecube owner, so I miss out on a ton of good sports games.

PS2, PSP, PC and I think Xbox. Your best bet is to 'obtain' the PC version of it or Pro Evolution Soccer, which if you didn't know is the European version with a few tweaks.

It's a reference to the second post :P

Ah, sorry about that.

By the way, what platforms is Winning Eleven available for? I"m a Gamecube owner, so I miss out on a ton of good sports games.

PS2, PSP, PC and I think Xbox. Your best bet is to 'obtain' the PC version of it or Pro Evolution Soccer, which if you didn't know is the European version with a few tweaks.

Its a text based jobby but the presentation has increased somewhat since its creation in my childhood many moons ago. Its brilliant. So much so I hadn't played it between my GCSE's and the end of my degree for fear of succumbing to its siren song once again and fucking them all up. I fear it.

Edited by Colly

Football Manager DOES show it's games in a top down "players are crepresented by circles" kinda way but it makes it so easy to picture the action....It's fantastic.

Yeah it's "text based" but it's presented fantastically well and I've probably had my biggest gaming highs playing the series down the years.

And my biggest gaming lows (1-0 down in the FA Cup final and having three goals disallowed one after another in Championship Manager 93-94)