Winning Eleven or Fifa

Tarheels.

Ok, I really want to get a soccer game because ever since I played Winning Eleven last year I've started to like the sport, but I don't know which one is better. I'm going to probably buy it used from EBGames or Gamestop, but either way I don't know which one to buy because I'm not sure which is better. So which one do you guys think is better?

As already stated WE is the way to go if you want a game more in touch with real football but if you were more interested in the liscenced side of things FIFA can't really be touched. It has countless amounts of teams with proper names and kits from all over the world including MLS if you're into that.

However WE can be aided by fan made option files featuring real kits, logos, names etc so that helps bridge the gap on liscences but isn't on such a grand scale as FIFA. Then again some might argue that if you've got the main leagues in then who cares about having the Swedish second division or the Korean league, you might never play as them.

Well I don't have much knowledge on who's who in "football" so I'm really just looking for which game plays better, the names of the people is something I could care less about, but it would be nice to have the recognizable names. I only know like 4 players, Henry, Beckham, Adu, and Pele.

FIFA 06 really isn't that bad a game, it's much improved, best FIFA since Road To The world Cup 98 (which I doubt will ever be eclipsed as far as FIFA games go). Winning Eleven/Pro Evo is a far more realistic representation of football, but it can be good to have an arcadey knock around on FIFA with mates.

Back in the day I had ISS Pro Evolution for PS1 which I played on my PS2 before I got any of the PS2 Pro Evos.

I spent a summer working in Canterbury Hospital in Kent as a theatre porter (wearing scrubs and picking up patients from ward, taking them into theatre, helping to lift them, then taking them back to ward after the operation) That was in 2001 cos 11th September that year was the New York bombing which happened at work and all the theatre staff stopped and went to watch it on TV :P

Anyways...I took my PS2 in after the first day as all the theatre porters did while waiting for a job was sit in their little room with a TV that didn't tune in and idly chat a little.

Add a PS2 + ISS Pro Evolution into the mix and for three beautiful weeks we sat around between jobs having leagues, tournaments and such like and while we were all out working, the theatre cleaners would come in and have a go.

Fantastic.

ISS brought us all together.

FIFA is my only option and currently, I'm addicted.

I am playing as the Pohang Steelers in the K-League, looking to move on after a few seasons to MLS.

I like the game, as a whole. It's given me an understanding of futbol and I'm currently engulfed in World Cup fever! So, if you are a futbol newbie, I think FIFA is as good as any game.

FIFA is my only option and currently, I'm addicted.

I am playing as the Pohang Steelers in the K-League, looking to move on after a few seasons to MLS.

I like the game, as a whole. It's given me an understanding of futbol and I'm currently engulfed in World Cup fever! So, if you are a futbol newbie, I think FIFA is as good as any game.

Edited by Gongsun Zan