New TMNT Movie

Venom

Guest muddatrucker

100% CGI kinda pisses me off, I haven't really caught any superhero movies because I hate seeing when something is animated in a film, a fine example is the fight between Blade and Cat from red dwarf in Blade2.

I've known about this for about two years. If I'm not mistaken it's supposed to be out by the end of the year (2007).

And on that note... Good, the 80s cartoon (despite being awesome for me as a kid) was absolutely dog shit. The original comics (which I have read) are superior in content. And not the way Venom is implying.

Yes they were "darker" and more violent, but the current cartoon (which from what I've seen is quite good) is based on the original comics stories. Which in turn is what the movie is actually going to be based off of, the current cartoon.

However, the entirely CGI concept seems meh to me until I see scenes or shots from it. Pixar has proven it works for goofy stuff, but I can't see it working for something serious in the least (then again there was Final Fantasy).

I'll be 21 when this comes out, nearly 22 I'd assume...and I'm going to make damn sure I'm one of the first in line to see this. Along with Transformers and Thundercats, TNMT was one of those cartoons that I never failed to miss in my childhood. Despite the cheapness of the three movies, I loved them all to no end. I'm not sure how I feel on the whole CGI aspect of it, but I agree with Mudda about the Blade 2 stuff not being all that great.

Still, this is definitely going to be on my "to see list" when it comes around.

I've known about this for about two years. If I'm not mistaken it's supposed to be out by the end of the year (2007).

And on that note... Good, the 80s cartoon (despite being awesome for me as a kid) was absolutely dog shit. The original comics (which I have read) are superior in content. And not the way Venom is implying.

Yes they were "darker" and more violent, but the current cartoon (which from what I've seen is quite good) is based on the original comics stories. Which in turn is what the movie is actually going to be based off of, the current cartoon.

However, the entirely CGI concept seems meh to me until I see scenes or shots from it. Pixar has proven it works for goofy stuff, but I can't see it working for something serious in the least (then again there was Final Fantasy).

You had me second guessing my original thoughts until that statement.

I think it's nice and all that they're doing this, but it's way too early for me to really judge as to what this is going to be about without any idea as to what's going to happen or any sort of semblance of a plot.

Speaking of old school cartoon shows turning into movies, has anyone heard any developments of the new Transformers movie?

Apparently HT, according to imdb (and accuracy is always disputable there, as it is just about anywhere else) Quinton Flynn has signed on to play Casey Jones.

You had me second guessing my original thoughts until that statement.