Best pundit?

Liam

Ian Wright is fucking awful. I hate the way it seems like he just tries to take the piss out of Martin O'Neil all the time. He was fucking hilarious after England lost 1-0 to Northern Ireland. He was like a big kid in a sulk.

I like Leonardo or however the fuck you spell it. Only for his "film star" looks :shifty:

Ian Wright is awesome because he's just a big fan. He's not the best 'pundit' as such, but he's entertaining to watch. And he gets really exciting.

Desailly can fuck off. I like big Sam and Alan Shearer. Not entirely sure why. They're fairly funny on the odd occasion. That's probably why.

all ITV coverage is shite.

Echo'd.

I really dislike Martin O'Neill, I'm not exactly sure why but I hate him as a pundit :ohwell: . I'm liking the addition of Leonardo to the BBC team this tournament and I've always liked Hanson and Lawro.

ITV's commentary is largely crap too. I can stand Clive Tyldsley(sp?) and Jim Beglin but the rest, particularly David Pleat, are horrible. John Motson and Mark Lawrenson (or Graeme Le Saux) are my favourite commentary combo.

Edited by alldawson

Haven't really been impressed with anyone so far, Motson's gone from one of the best to shit (him and Lawrenson having an orgasm every time Brazil got the ball in their first match really pissed me off).

BBC's watchable though because I can turn them all off.

At least O'Neil has actually improved. On day one he was just dying every time he said anything. He'd start a sentence and just freeze up half way through leaving Hansen to mop up.

And how dare you Ad, how dare you insult David Pleat. Hearing the main commentator ask some random question and hear Pleaty say "Evening all, well..." makes my day.

David Pleat is the man who was pernouncing Henry as the way it looks instead of the French pernounciation just a few weeks back.

The best on British TV I think is Martin O'Neill, he seems to have the most knowledge and I like the way he gets in on 'what he would have done' when other managers get into sticky situations.

We have Graeme Souness on Irish TV. He's been gold. And Denis Irwin. But then to make up for our good ones we have Kenny Cunningham and Mark Kinsella. I think if they shaked their heads from side to side all you would hear is a little pebble rattling.

Pundit-wise, I've got to go for Alan Hansen, obviously. Shearer is well-informed if a little dull, O'Neill is really improving.

Of the ITV crew, Townsend is the one who strikes me as the biggest moron, I don't mind the rest of them. I just remember when they were discussing whether the Spanish team could play together, and somebody mentioned the Basque players not having any real loyalty to Spain.

Townsend: "That's rubbish, the manager should get in and sort that out."

Ruud Gullit: "It's not that simple, Andy..."

Townsend: "Just wait 'til they're 1-0 down at half-time, and see what kind of character they have then."

Moron.

Commentary-wise, I am a huge mark for Johnathan Pearce. He is single-handedly saving BBC commentary now that Motty is descending into a useless-anecdote machine.

Pundits have to be Ian Wright and Alan Shearer. Hearing Ian Wright laugh at the goal France let in against South Korea was histerical.

Martin O'Niel i used to like but now it seems like he's always disagreeing and when it comes to a point of discussion he just goes 'Im not going to argue with you'.

Commentary wise it has to be Motson. I don't care how old, or how repetitive he is, its just like the J.R in the WWE situation. You don't realise how good he is until he's gone. I'd LOVE to hear Motson on commentary if England make it to the final.

RTE's coverage over here's been fantastic. Not only have they been showing every game, but the panel in the studio's a joy to watch.

Nothing beats a load of grumpy old Irishmen tearing England to shreds after a dull performance, ignoring altogether the fact that we never qualified. >_>

Eamon Dunphy in particular, is a legend. I don't think he's gone a whole show without saying anything that's deliberately contreversial. It's old as fuck, but here's

Jonathon Pearce is a legend. Didn't he do commentary for the SWOS games? I'm sure he did.

Also, is he 'Robot Wars Guy'? Sounds vaguely similar.

Personally, I mark for the Five Live team, Mostly because rarely do they talk bullshit (except Dion Dublin).

As for actual pundits though, it's gotta be Alan Hansen.

Anyone, who's the Irish guy on ABC?