NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Taunting and Celebrations are two different things, I don't know how we went from taunting to that really. The sharpie thing, Chad Johnson, I find all those things funny and a good thing. The NFL went overboard with that, sure there should be a limit to that, like pre-planning things (Sharpie, Cell Phone), but a lot of people tuned in to watch these characters. While Bush is normally a very humble person, what he did is different. The dancing thing isn't why he was fined as that was just a normal celebration type thing, but he taunted the Bear's defense, and I'd say the same thing if the Bear's taunted the Saints. 5k is like the bare mininum fine that the NFL hands out so it's not a big deal.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of taunting, but I can understand why a player does it. It can frustrate a defense into making a mistake, and frankly players get really pumped up after big plays (Sacks, TD's, INT's, ect...) and they like to celebrate. It's better than seeing the emotionless robots that the NHL provide.

Mike Singletary to interview for Dallas job.

That would be fucking awesome as Singletary could really bring some improvments to the dallas defense.

Rooney Rule.

Is that the whole 'you must interview a minority' thing? If so, that's not why we're interviewing Singletary, we've already interviewed a guy from Parcells' staff who's black.

Mike Singletary to interview for Dallas job.

That would be fucking awesome as Singletary could really bring some improvments to the dallas defense.

Rooney Rule.

However Singletary should be getting some DC nods in the near future, and maybe head coaching depending on how his defenses do. He's got the Niner's LB's playing much better this season so it'll be interesting to see.

The only reason they are interviewing Singletary is because he's black. You have to interview more then one black guy because if not you get in trouble. I don't know why they call it minority, either. You could interview 20 Italians, Mexicans, whatever, but if there aren't any African Americans, you'd still get fined if I remember correctly.

As for celebrations and sportsmanship, that goes out the window during the game. For those 60 minutes you're doing whatever it takes to win, and if that means taunting a player enough to get him a flag/thrown out the game, you do it. After the game though apoligizes are made and everyone goes back to being the good sportsman. That's part of the reason I have such a big problem with the Patriots doing the Merriman dance but not many of the other things that people seem to care about.

The only reason they are interviewing Singletary is because he's black. You have to interview more then one black guy because if not you get in trouble. I don't know why they call it minority, either. You could interview 20 Italians, Mexicans, whatever, but if there aren't any African Americans, you'd still get fined if I remember correctly.

As for celebrations and sportsmanship, that goes out the window during the game. For those 60 minutes you're doing whatever it takes to win, and if that means taunting a player enough to get him a flag/thrown out the game, you do it. After the game though apoligizes are made and everyone goes back to being the good sportsman. That's part of the reason I have such a big problem with the Patriots doing the Merriman dance but not many of the other things that people seem to care about.

Ah, I misunderstood then on ESPN. I could've swore they said that if they hired Turner right now they would have broken that rule. And I always thought that Steve Mariucci was Italian, but I could be misinformed yet again.

Media Day has been good so far, the Bears were very funny. I wish it were either longer or I could see more of the coverage because I heard the same crap questions for 2 weeks now, I'd rather see some of the more interesting stories and questions.

Colts just started with Manning talking, now they are focusing on Harrison, who doens't like this at all.

Singletary is apparently a hot candidate now, his meeting with Jones went something like 7 hours and many consider him to be one of Jones' top 3 choices, now that Turner has fallen out of favor for demanding too much personel control.

I'm all for Singletary, as with him and Garrett, the cowboys will have 2 of the best and brightest young coaches in the NFL today.

Singletary is apparently a hot candidate now, his meeting with Jones went something like 7 hours and many consider him to be one of Jones' top 3 choices, now that Turner has fallen out of favor for demanding too much personel control.

I'm all for Singletary, as with him and Garrett, the cowboys will have 2 of the best and brightest young coaches in the NFL today.

Some rumors afoot about McNabb being traded to Detroit for the 2nd Overall pick in the draft, who will be Russell or Quinn (whoever the Raiders don't pick).

If this materializes I will anticipate the riots in the Philadelphia area.

Not happening.

Marinelli is adamant on keeping Kitna as the starter and building the lines. McNabb would be just as bad as Kitna behind the current line, and he's not worth a #2 overall draft pick.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

McNabb trade rumor gets chuckle from Lions

No, no, no. Donovan McNabb is not coming to the Detroit Lions.

Most fans who are knowledgeable about the Lions situation -- not to mention the NFL salary cap -- are well aware there's no chance the Lions are going to trade their second overall pick for McNabb. Still, since the rumor is making the rounds on AOL, it needs to be addressed.

A call to the Lions, just to make sure, drew a hearty laugh. While the Lions respect McNabb as a quarterback, that's not one of the many positions they're hoping to address in the off-season.

So, no, it's not going to happen. The writer was merely speculating about what he thinks the Lions "should'' do, not reporting any info that talks, internal or otherwise, have actually happened.

And from a local publication which makes it abdundantly clear that this deal will not happen.