NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

I thought something was out of place for the longest time, but I couldn't place it for the life of me. Then I notcied the name I overlooked:

"QB Philip Rivers Chargers"

Rivers made Tom Brady his bitch! I LOVE IT!

Wait, TO didn't make it?! FIVE RAVENS DID?! I LOVE YOU PRO BOWL PICKERS!

Shame Gregg didn't make it though. He is the heart of that defense now, too bad he doesn't get any pub.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, they snubbed Roy Williams just as he predicted. He's second in the NFC in recieving yards, but missed out in favor of Anquan Boldin? He should be in there over him due to more yards and the same amount of TD's. It's not as if Boldin is on a marquee team. I can see Holt, Driver, and Smith as all three have more TD's and one has more yards, but Williams should really be in over Boldin.

How can you take Mack Strong over Mike Alstott. Alstott has 68 career TDs and is the best 3rd down back in the NFC IMO. And I'm not just saying that because he is from Tampa Bay. All Strong does is block. Alstott runs, catches, and destorys DBs

Edited by Chinese Democracy

How can you take Mack Strong over Mike Alstott. Alstott has 68 career TDs and is the best 3rd down back in the NFC IMO. And I'm not just saying that because he is from Tampa Bay. All Strong does is block. Alstott runs, catches, and destorys DBs

A-men. Alstott is a LOT more versatile than Strong, and picking Strong over him is a joke.

They have very similar stats this year. Strong has more rushing and receiving yards but Alstott has more TDs. So when it comes down to it the people voting are more likely to pick the player on the better team, and the Seahawks are by far the better team. It's not a joke as you put it, it's a fair selection.

I got 2 news stories on Carson Palmer...

CARSON PALMER INJURED?

A reader tipped us off on Tuesday to the possibility that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer emerged from Monday night's loss to the Colts with an injury. Per the tipster, Palmer has a shoulder injury, possibly a torn rotator cuff.

We've poked around a bit via our network of sources, and we've concluded that there's something to this one. It's our understanding that Palmer is undergoing tests on the shoulder today.

It's the last thing the 8-6 Bengals need as they prepare to face the 8-6 Broncos on Sunday in Denver. The winner will be in great shape for a playoff spot; the loser will be battling with the likes of the Jaguars and the Steelers and the Jets and the Chiefs and the Titans and the Bills (the Bills?) for the six seed.

No, it's just a joke. Now all that funny unless you hate the Bungles like myself.

And as far as injuries go...I don't love that the guy's hurt. Just the fact that if it's true it's gonna ruin the Bungles season. And we're gonna get to hear how they would've went to the Super Bowl if Carson wasn't injured.

To be honest I hope he's 100% healthy when they go down the shitter.

That way everyone will realize he's just like his idol Peyton Manning.

Colts lose to the Texans for the first time ever. Ravens are going to beat the Steelers, though this game has been better than our first meeting. But this is a plea to the Steelers. We don't want the Bengals and Browns to give us the tight games in our division. You are our main rival, while it feels good to completely dominate you it makes the special days when we face you a little less exciting. So, please, play like you are capable of playing.

Anyway, Ravens win out and we get a bye. If the Chargers are to lose a game we will get home field I'm pretty sure.

Colts lose to the Texans for the first time ever. Ravens are going to beat the Steelers, though this game has been better than our first meeting. But this is a plea to the Steelers. We don't want the Bengals and Browns to give us the tight games in our division. You are our main rival, while it feels good to completely dominate you it makes the special days when we face you a little less exciting. So, please, play like you are capable of playing.

Anyway, Ravens win out and we get a bye. If the Chargers are to lose a game we will get home field I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Be

If we beat Buffalo, we take the other first-round bye. If we beat Buffalo and San Diego lose, we also take home-field advantage because we beat SD earlier on. Merry Christmas indeed for we Ravens

Shame SD had to pull out a win. Seattle should've won that, but ah well. Rivers hasn't looked good lately.

Also. Lol Bungles.

Edited by damshow

Pretty damn sad to see my Colts get dropped from talk of an undefeated season (again) to not even looking at a first-round bye. People can talk about Bob Sanders til they're blue in the face, but they really, really miss Corey Simon and his giant space-eating ass in the middle of the d-line. With him, they wouldn't be getting nearly so pushed around.

Pretty damn sad to see my Colts get dropped from talk of an undefeated season (again) to not even looking at a first-round bye. People can talk about Bob Sanders til they're blue in the face, but they really, really miss Corey Simon and his giant space-eating ass in the middle of the d-line. With him, they wouldn't be getting nearly so pushed around.