Movies/Trailers that have gotten applause?

EndOfAnEra

Eh...for the most part, I'm the same as YI. I'll wisecrack my way through most films. The fact is, though, most cinema screens are set up so that you can't really hear what other people are saying.

Me and my friends did proper ruin Narnia for the family sat in front of us, though. That's the only time I actually got told to shut up at the cinema.

Edited by BillyGunnPinchedMyBum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aeon Flux at least had a decent premise...But then again I was watching it in the middle of an 11 hour flight on a tiny screen and ANYTHING would have been enjoyable...Hell I watched some film about Martin Lawrence coaching a school basketball team!

Lamentably not. He was an NBA coach with a bad temper who'd been thrown out of the league so took the team on advice of his agent to win his way back into the good books of the NBA, but ultimately he decided to snub the NBA and stay with the team after they rose from losers to champions.

I don't know why, but the only sound I hear during my cinema visits is laughter, usually at awful adverts or trailers.

Hostel got a few 'OHHHHH's and 'UGH's, but that's not really breaking the cinema code. No talking through the film.

The last time I went with a group was to see Constantine, and we all just talked constantly through it. Everyone was pissing themselves when I said that Mexican guy must smell pretty bad if the COWS are fainting. (H)

I don't know why, but the only sound I hear during my cinema visits is laughter, usually at awful adverts or trailers.

Hostel got a few 'OHHHHH's and 'UGH's, but that's not really breaking the cinema code. No talking through the film.

The last time I went with a group was to see Constantine, and we all just talked constantly through it. Everyone was pissing themselves when I said that Mexican guy must smell pretty bad if the COWS are fainting. (H)

I swear you guys go to boring theaters. It happens all the time here, just saw PotC 2 and they all cheered when Johnny Depp appeared and at the end when the movie ended/

No, we go to good movie theatres. I don't want to hear people cheer. It's tacky as fuck.

What he said. Cheering an advert in a cinema is so fucking sad.