The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Wolverine's been an interesting book. I started at Enemy of the State, and read through to the House of M Featuring Wolverine. The Gorgon and the Hand stuff was exceptionally cool... and it's nice to see that he's back to being a total bad ass killing machine.

The stuff that happens afterwards sounds like it's pretty good too, so I'll continue reading the TPB's from where I left off.

I've still got a bunch of crap to read before I can look into buying more, but I'm stoked for more Ultimate Spidey, Thunderbolts and Wolverine.

Wolverine's been an interesting book. I started at Enemy of the State, and read through to the House of M Featuring Wolverine. The Gorgon and the Hand stuff was exceptionally cool... and it's nice to see that he's back to being a total bad ass killing machine.

The stuff that happens afterwards sounds like it's pretty good too, so I'll continue reading the TPB's from where I left off.

I've still got a bunch of crap to read before I can look into buying more, but I'm stoked for more Ultimate Spidey, Thunderbolts and Wolverine.

Not sure about that. And I'm not sure who wrote this of the top of my head, but I throurghly enjoyed Civil War: Wolverine and found it to be one of the better spin offs from that story (the only other great spin off probably being Frontline). Yeah.

On a similar note, I heard about an Ultimate Wolverine mini-series (I believe involving Loeb). Is it out soon? Or is it already out? If its already out, is it any good?

Edited by Avenged

So yeah I just ordered Ultiamte X-Men Vols 9, 10, 11, Ultimate Spiderman Vols 9 & 10 and Exiles Vol 4.

Currently enjoying all three of these books rather thouroghly... do tell... do they all stay so good upto current day storylines? (No need to mention Ultimate Cable, I have already heard much about this).

I just got Spiderman issue 20 and Marvel Legends Issue 14. I have to say the House of M story is intreging, though from the hype Spidey 2099 was a slight let down. Though, I can not say the same about the Captain America/Red Skull/Synthia storyline. I really dug the story, as I haven't read a lot of Captain Amercia, despite being one of my favourite characters.

What are your opinions if you have read these. And please, no spoilers on House of M. Thanks.

So yeah I just ordered Ultiamte X-Men Vols 9, 10, 11, Ultimate Spiderman Vols 9 & 10 and Exiles Vol 4.

Currently enjoying all three of these books rather thouroghly... do tell... do they all stay so good upto current day storylines? (No need to mention Ultimate Cable, I have already heard much about this).

Check out Pax Romana and then thank me, it's very text heavy which is a downer for some, it's done by the same chap that did Nightly News, it involves time travel, religion fucking up everything and also being the worlds saviour, armies and various other cool pezazz.

I dunno if anyone reads Ultimate Spider-Man, but I just finished reading 116 the other day and it was... well, it sucked. This story arc with the Green Goblin has really been a let-down, especially after the clone saga. :(

Ultimate X-Men though, from what I've read so far is awesome. Not saying that Ultimate Spidey isn't, because it's possibly my favourite comic series ever, but this current arc has sucked.

Edited by Will Kemp

• 2 weeks later...

Finally picked up Y The Last Man in trade, I've read the last 10 or so before discovering it was being cancelled so I'm not reading the end bits, suffice to say it's probably one of my favourite comics, it's not quite exactly realistic, so it's not what I was expecting, in a good way. The set up for the story is great and so surreal that it actually makes it more believable than the usual slow epidemic you see in movies and everything else. Yorrick is instantly a likeable hero, Agent 355 you like and want to know more of but still have niggling doubts, everyone is written to perfection, you know how to feel about them even if you're not sure about them, and so few writers can pull that off.

It wasn't cancelled Benji, it's always been intended as a limited series at 60 issues, like a lot of limited Vertigo series before it. It was actually supposed to end early last year but due to Vaughan's attachment of writing Lost apparently the last handful of issues have taken an irritatingly long time to come out.

That said the series is great though, albeit once they do the big reveal on why the men died the series has nose dived and sputtered with poor pacing and a lack of the cohesive story telling that was so great of the early half of the issues.

I'm not sure if the last issue is out yet or not (supposed to be this month) but I doubt it will redeem the series of its dullness the past year.