The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I LOVE Green Arrow and Black Canary the characters. I hate winick. I gave up on his take on the characters in the last GA series. I won't go back until a competent writer is in charge of this book. Someone who gets them totally like Gail Simone.

I LOVE Green Arrow and Black Canary the characters. I hate winick. I gave up on his take on the characters in the last GA series. I won't go back until a competent writer is in charge of this book. Someone who gets them totally like Gail Simone.

Total ditto, I'm growing to love Simone more and more every time I read something by her.

Will Secret Invasion be like Civil War where I can just read the main issues?

According to Bendis, yes, anything else will just enhance the story, though almost everything is self contained. It is, however, highly suggested that you read New and Mighty Avengers to see how it started.

Total ditto, I'm growing to love Simone more and more every time I read something by her.

Are you reading Wonder Woman?

Yeap, I'm quite enjoying it, she's got down the key aspects of the character, which is really all I ask of any writer, but she's done that and then some.

I've been reading a lot of DC's Elseworlds imprints lately and it has been a fantastic little excursion. I took a little while away from comics and reading this non-canonical stuff has been a great way to ease back into things without jumping in all at once. It all started with re-reading Miller's Darknight-verse stuff, then grabbing Superman Red Son, and the Batman and Dracula trilogy from the local comic shop.

I've been thinking about JLA: The Nail, Batman Year 100, or Generations (if I am feeling really ambitious), as my next purchases for this trend but was wondering what you guys thought about them? Are they any good? Which is best? Is there something better I should be looking for?

I've been reading a lot of DC's Elseworlds imprints lately and it has been a fantastic little excursion. I took a little while away from comics and reading this non-canonical stuff has been a great way to ease back into things without jumping in all at once. It all started with re-reading Miller's Darknight-verse stuff, then grabbing Superman Red Son, and the Batman and Dracula trilogy from the local comic shop.

I've been thinking about JLA: The Nail, Batman Year 100, or Generations (if I am feeling really ambitious), as my next purchases for this trend but was wondering what you guys thought about them? Are they any good? Which is best? Is there something better I should be looking for?

By reading that book you have entered the place of good taste, I love Red Son more than I probably should.

In regards to elseworlds, Gotham By Gaslight is greatness. I also recommend. Likewise, i have to recommend The Golden Age by James Robinson and The Final Frontier by Darwyn Cooke. JLA: The Nail was alright. Alan Davis is a spectacular artist, but he lacks as a writer. Beautiful artwork, so so story.

Hmm, I assume you mean New Frontier, not Final Frontier. After a quick wiki search I think I might try to pick up New Frontier in conjunction with the animated film that is buried in my Netflix queue. Gotham By Gaslight also looks pretty enticing... Has anyone read Batman Year 100? So far I've heard mixed reviews on the title.

There's a good number of Civil War TPBs out, yeah. At least I thought I saw one not long ago..

Edited by Cloudy

EXCELLENT *air guitar*

Benji, tell me, does your place do one of these TPB things? If so, I may have to ask one of my friends up at Luffbra Uni to drop in and pick it up

Yeah, we've got all of them collected, all the side series that have been collected etc.

After reading through the first series of the Ultimates, I've come to like Tony Stark. I did find out that their was only a limited run on Ultimate Iron Man and seeing as that their is quite a few Iron Man comics out there, I was wanting to know which was the best to pick up.

After reading through the first series of the Ultimates, I've come to like Tony Stark. I did find out that their was only a limited run on Ultimate Iron Man and seeing as that their is quite a few Iron Man comics out there, I was wanting to know which was the best to pick up.

Pick up "Extremis", to me that is by far and away the best Iron Man out there, Ultimate Iron Man I and II shows the Ultimate Stark's development but isn't anywhere near how good Ultimates was, worth picking up if you've got the spare cash and do want to just read more, but nothing spectacular.