The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

And then afterward the big reveal - Fury and his eyepatch went steady for a while, but they broke up and now the relationship is frosty. :shifty:

I think I just figured out who broke out the villains from The Raft in New Avengers #1. Those of you with Secret War #1 and New Avengers #1 or the trades, check out Page 23's top panel of Issue #1 of Secret War and Page 2 middle right panel of Issue #1 of New Avengers and tell me that top the person is wearing isn't the same person. For those of you interested but don't have both...

It's Nick Fury! Or at least a skrull imitator!

Splurged out on some TPB's today.

Got' Ultimate Spider-Man 10: Hollywood + Vol 11: Carnage, Ultimate X-Men 11: Most Dangerous Game, Exiles Vol 6: Fantastic Voyage and Ultimate Galactus Vol 1: Ultimate Nightmare.

So far I have read the Exiles one, its brilliant as per usual with the Exiles (even though I thought 5 wasn't as good as previous efforts) and it was very good all round. My only beef is that they keep killing off/getting rid of all my favourites;

Magnus, T-Bird, Sunfire

Although I'm beginning to love Magik, shes great. She's just such a badass heartless mean bitch compared to the nice little girl she is in the 616.

I read the first chapter of Ultimate Nightmare and I really enjoyed the art, its lovely. The story seems a little slow.. but its got my totally anticipating whats going to happen next. Kinda weird seeing Black Widow on the Ultimates team after I'vee already read Ultimates 2, but meh... she's awesome and sexy.

Can't wait to read Carnage though.

Splurged out on some TPB's today.

Got' Ultimate Spider-Man 10: Hollywood + Vol 11: Carnage, Ultimate X-Men 11: Most Dangerous Game, Exiles Vol 6: Fantastic Voyage and Ultimate Galactus Vol 1: Ultimate Nightmare.

So far I have read the Exiles one, its brilliant as per usual with the Exiles (even though I thought 5 wasn't as good as previous efforts) and it was very good all round. My only beef is that they keep killing off/getting rid of all my favourites;

Magnus, T-Bird, Sunfire

Although I'm beginning to love Magik, shes great. She's just such a badass heartless mean bitch compared to the nice little girl she is in the 616.

I read the first chapter of Ultimate Nightmare and I really enjoyed the art, its lovely. The story seems a little slow.. but its got my totally anticipating whats going to happen next. Kinda weird seeing Black Widow on the Ultimates team after I'vee already read Ultimates 2, but meh... she's awesome and sexy.

Can't wait to read Carnage though.

The Ultimate Galactus Trilogy is far better as a whole than it is as the sum of its parts. That said, it wasn't the greatest story overall either.

I've a feeling that this'll prob have been asked less than a page ago but can anyone reccomend any comic book series after Death Note?

It was the most addictive thing i've probably ever read

Ask in the Anime Thread, if no one answers. Its got some manga discussion in it, too, and Death Note is manga.

I do intend to read the other two parts too Teej. I think I'm gonna like it though, I mean nothings really happened (upto chapter 3) yet and I'm quite hooked on the thing. Really wishing I bought all three parts while I was out today.

On another note has anybody read Ultimate Vision, Ultimate Power, Ultimate Marvel Team Up, Ultimate Human, the Ultimate Annual Collections or the Ultimate Darevdevil/Elektra stories?

Also one I have avoided from the start is Ultimate FF as I've been reading Spidey, X-Men and Ultimates... is it any good?

I do intend to read the other two parts too Teej. I think I'm gonna like it though, I mean nothings really happened (upto chapter 3) yet and I'm quite hooked on the thing. Really wishing I bought all three parts while I was out today.

On another note has anybody read Ultimate Vision, Ultimate Power, Ultimate Marvel Team Up, Ultimate Human, the Ultimate Annual Collections or the Ultimate Darevdevil/Elektra stories?

Also one I have avoided from the start is Ultimate FF as I've been reading Spidey, X-Men and Ultimates... is it any good?

Avoid Ultimate Team Up at all costs. The only story I enjoyed was the X-Men/Spider-Man one.

Thanks for that little tidbit there, cos I probably would have done >_<

On that note, I finished Ultimate Nightmare and while the whole 'he's coming' thing was pretty inevitable... the whole idea of where they were and what had been going on there was really good, and very well told. Very enjoyable. Hopefully the next two parts follow suit when I get my hands on them.

I enjoyed Ultimate Team-Up, even though later stories invalidate much of what happened in that series, primarily the team ups with The FF and Iron Man.

Also I am a fan of Ultimate FF. It's not the greatest thing ever, but it is pretty good. Plus I am a HUGE FF fan/mark.

Just finished reading Secret Invasion #1... is anybody else as hyped for this as I am? I wasn't feeling this hyped before, but now I can't wait to see just WHO is a skrull and who isn't. My hat's off to you, Marvel, at least you created the sense of curiosity and willingness to continue reading. Bravo.

I have to wait two fucking weeks roughly to get my copy of Secret Invasion by mail order. I called the shop 30 miles away and he is totally sold out. I can't make anyone do it since this thread is clearly marked as spoilers, but I would ask any SI spoilers to please be put in Spoiler Tags. I will love you all forever.

Just finished reading Secret Invasion #1... is anybody else as hyped for this as I am? I wasn't feeling this hyped before, but now I can't wait to see just WHO is a skrull and who isn't. My hat's off to you, Marvel, at least you created the sense of curiosity and willingness to continue reading. Bravo.

I'm almost certainly more hyped, I've been hyped for this since it was announced and probably know more about it than anyone else on EWB because of my re-reading and researching (though I certainly don't know more than those at Bendis' boards >_> ).

As always, when I list an item, I'll post it here... so I'm shilling another eBay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=170208271226

New Avengers volumes 1 through 5.

As for discussion... any news on when the new Deadpool series starts up? I've been reading his solo series from 1997 again, and it's bringing back some good memories. I really am looking forward to a new series for the Pool-man.