The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I'm a lifelong web-head, and with all of the absolute horrid shit I've endured ... this is by far not even close to the top of the BURN YOU AND DIE list.

Yeah the clone saga comes to mind. And of course One More Day.

Don't forget the Chapter One crap. And the Gathering of Five/Final Chapter. And who could forget Sins Past?

I still maintain that I'm quite liking the Superior Spider-Man thing so far, with

Peter struggling to get control of his body back

and all that.

I'm a lifelong web-head, and with all of the absolute horrid shit I've endured ... this is by far not even close to the top of the BURN YOU AND DIE list.

Yeah the clone saga comes to mind. And of course One More Day.

Don't forget the Chapter One crap. And the Gathering of Five/Final Chapter. And who could forget Sins Past?

I still maintain that I'm quite liking the Superior Spider-Man thing so far, with

Peter struggling to get control of his body back

and all that.

^ very much so ...

And oh dear yes ... I cringed when remember some of the "stellar" story arcs from the past.

Invincible #100 is underlining so much what i like about it and how other classic heros are doing it wrong.

Quote straight from the "Letter section" in the end. Spoilerheavy.

Kirkman is actively making a point against your normal as superhero books, uuh, someones gonna get killed, advertise it, but actualy no one dies and than even better... "Your going to kill of your Hero and bring him back six month later? We´re going to do that in the SAME ISSUE". Kudos Robert, thinking and acting like this is what sets you and your books apart from the sale thrill seeking FanFiction that gets Published involving most big classic Hero Comics. Stay true to yourself.

I just started reading comics. I am enjoyng All New X-Men, X-Men Legacy, and Uncanny X-Force. Anyone have any suggestions regarding other books to collect? I am going to start Uncanny X-Men when it restarts this month, too.

I just started reading comics. I am enjoyng All New X-Men, X-Men Legacy, and Uncanny X-Force. Anyone have any suggestions regarding other books to collect? I am going to start Uncanny X-Men when it restarts this month, too.

Swamp Thing & Animal Man are fantastic if you can get the number one issues/trades. Green Arrow with Lemire is sure to be good, the first issue (17 I think) of him coming on was very good. Superior Spider Man, Avengers NOW books are also worth picking up imo, solid books if you are into the characters.

I'm loving the Valiant stuff (reading all books except Archer and Armstrong).

Most of the Marvel NOW stuff is starting off well and is worth a look as Trench stated. Personally I'm really liking All New XMen, Uncanny Avengers, New Avengers, Iron Man, and Cable & XForce more than the rest.

Uncanny X-Men #1 is pretty awesome.

Quite so .... even back in my "heyday" of comic reading I only picked up an X-book here and there and was more into the secondary/offshoot stuff like X-Force/New Mutants ... but right now two of my favorite books going are All New Xmen and now Uncanny.

I believe that Marvel has nailed the shit out this re-launch and made DC look foolish (a few titles excepted of course).

Ending my Scarlet Spider sub ... 14 issues and while I'm enjoying the book, I need room for other titles (All New Xmen, Uncanny XMen to name a couple). I'll probably end up buying the next couple of months out of habit but of all my books on sub right now it is the "weakest" ... however, I'm not at all happy about dropping a Spider-book ...