The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Man, Negan is awesome in TWD 105. He's such a magnificent bastard.

Just read it, and not really. He's a gigantic walking cliche, but I'm increasingly suspecting that that's the entire point of his character. He's like someone who's never emotionally matured past early teens.

Oh man. I didn't know how they handled the end of Spider-Man. But that's awful.

Has there ever been an entertaining body swap story? Parker dies and is replaced by DR. OCTOPUS!? That's so shitty.

To answer your question....none in comics I can think of offhand.

I got a whole bunch of comics for my birthday last week and there is some gold in my collection.

Aquaman (New 52) 1-5 is mindblowing for something I went into with low expectations for. After that it kind of tapers off and becomes a generic comic that undoes all the good created in the first few issues.

Wonder Woman (New 52) 1-10 is pretty crazy and fun, although I thought the end to 10 was pretty stupid and backwards for Diana's character. Issues 11+12 aren't bad but don't live up tot he same nuttiness as the issues before it.

Action Comics (New 52) I'm only on issue 5 but love what I'm reading.

Booster Gold I finished Issue 1 and liked the character but thought the flow was really wordy and took me much longer to read than other books. Still going to give a few more issues of BG a chance but it wasn't winning me over much.

All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison completely disinterested me in the first two issues and I'm not sure if I'll return to it.

Daredevil 1-6 has been awesome and I love the world they've created around him. Always been one of my favorite characters and this series is doing nothing but feeding that love.

Guardians of the Galaxy I've only read the first two issues of and it's got some interesting characters but I'm not big on sci-fi so it's more of a forced effort to read it.

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi I also read the first two issues of and suffer the same hinderance of it being so sci-fi heavy and as wordy and descriptive as Booster Gold, if not moreso. I like the villain so far but he's the only thing drawing me into it and they've spent these 2 issues being very secretive and quiet about him, picking his spots to appear.

Punisher: MAX I've got up to issue 6 and am so in love with it I had to youtube Thomas Jane's fanfilm, Dirty Laundry. Great, gritty stuff.

Daredevil 1-6 has been awesome and I love the world they've created around him. Always been one of my favorite characters and this series is doing nothing but feeding that love.

Is that the 2011 Mark Waid volume? If so it's a great read - plus the cover for Issue 4 is great.

I'm reading Daredevil: End of Days at the moment which I'd suggest picking up if you haven't already - it's an eight part mini series about the death of Daredevil and four issues in, it's been a hell of a book so far.

You should try and read The Annihilation story as a whole rather than jump into Guardians of the Galaxy. I wasn't super keen on the individual series, but as a part of the Marvel Cosmic storylines, GotG is fantastic.

Is that the 2011 Mark Waid volume? If so it's a great read - plus the cover for Issue 4 is great.

I'm reading Daredevil: End of Days at the moment which I'd suggest picking up if you haven't already - it's an eight part mini series about the death of Daredevil and four issues in, it's been a hell of a book so far.

it is indeed Waid's. I'll have to check End of Days out.

You should try and read The Annihilation story as a whole rather than jump into Guardians of the Galaxy. I wasn't super keen on the individual series, but as a part of the Marvel Cosmic storylines, GotG is fantastic.

You just dropped some straight up knowledge on me. I thought I was an outcast for not liking the GotG individual series. I'll give Annihilation a chance

I managed to grab a copy of Superior Spider-Man #1 from a... certain source. I read it, and it was what I was kind of expecting, being Octopuspidey acting like an arrogant jerk while claiming to be superior to Peter Parker in every way, but the last couple of pages? WOW. Loved them.

Ock's doing battle with the new Sinister Six and he's absolutely slaughtering them. Only Boomerang remains, and he almost beats Boomer to death, when a ethereal arm grabs him. Peter Parker's still there! He's influencing Ock from his own subconscious and vows to get his body back!

So, yeah, I'm really pumped up for this, for the eventual return of Peter Parker full-time.

I managed to grab a copy of Superior Spider-Man #1 from a... certain source. I read it, and it was what I was kind of expecting, being Octopuspidey acting like an arrogant jerk while claiming to be superior to Peter Parker in every way, but the last couple of pages? WOW. Loved them.

Ock's doing battle with the new Sinister Six and he's absolutely slaughtering them. Only Boomerang remains, and he almost beats Boomer to death, when a ethereal arm grabs him. Peter Parker's still there! He's influencing Ock from his own subconscious and vows to get his body back!

So, yeah, I'm really pumped up for this, for the eventual return of Peter Parker full-time.

Doesn't surprise me they're already planting the seeds for a Parker return. As with every major change with a character it's never a long term thing. He'll be back in plently of time for the release of the next movie.

Doesn't surprise me they're already planting the seeds for a Parker return. As with every major change with a character it's never a long term thing. He'll be back in plently of time for the release of the next movie.

Honestly, that's what I've been saying all along, that it was going to be a temporary thing and Peter would be back by the next movie, kind of like what they did with Captain America, I believe, but I did not expect the seeds to be planted this soon. I expected this to be a book about Ock actually trying to be a better man and eventually further down along the line Peter would return, but I like this dynamic of Peter being trapped in his own body, watching as Ock's "driving" it, only being able to influence him without his knowledge... It's a better story I had expected so far, and I, for one, can't wait for it to unfold.

Is it easy to jump into Superior Spider-Man if I haven't read any of Amazing Spider-Man? Or do I have to check out the last few of Amazing?

I'd recommend reading Amazing 698, 699 and 700, as well as Avenging 15.1, so you're not completely lost. Readers who don't know what happened in those last issues may feel completely disoriented.

I only read a review of SSM and it stated it dos what a classic reboot is suposed to do. It´s one of thos "perfect issue to join the readership" deals. But since i still think they will return to the status quo in 6-12 month why even bother throwing money at them anymore? Gimmy My Walking Dead 106 already comixology!!!

There is a slight difference betwen talking about everything or a comic that has been written into the ground countless times or given the finger to it´s loyal readership. Is this realy worth spending 4$ every issue for a 10 Minute read? Or maybe is there something "new" (and even a bit cheaper) for people don by creators of contend that still care more about what story they want/need/are to tell instead of purly looking for silly headline shocks that draw readers back in at any cost of what has been toled before.

Just think about how this is the second OMG PETER PARKER DIED - SPIDER-MAN REBOOT NAU - FORGET "EVERYTHING" THAT HAPPEND BEFORE within about a year.

So annoyed that Blue Beetle ended. I mean, okay, yes, he's apparently in Threshold, but still, I was liking the whole thing. Admittedly, not much that you can do when you get to the Reach, as far as Jaime goes, but they could have tried.

Well, at least it lasted longer than Static.