The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Ever read a comic that you think is a woefully shitty idea just because your favorite character is in it? X-23 is not in any other comic so after being spoiled with Avengers Academy I now have to move over to the ridiculously bad sounding Avengers Arena to get my fave in action. I almost feel like it's not worth it, but not counting Spiderman she is my favorite and I've read all her old stuff so it's my only option.

Any of you stuck with a fave character through an awful series?

Ever read a comic that you think is a woefully shitty idea just because your favorite character is in it? X-23 is not in any other comic so after being spoiled with Avengers Academy I now have to move over to the ridiculously bad sounding Avengers Arena to get my fave in action. I almost feel like it's not worth it, but not counting Spiderman she is my favorite and I've read all her old stuff so it's my only option.

Basically with Gambit. I am not liking his solo series, but I keep picking it up because I really like the character and it is all he is really featured in.

Basically with Gambit. I am not liking his solo series, but I keep picking it up because I really like the character and it is all he is really featured in.

Wait does Gambit have another solo book?

I remember enjoying a past solo series of his around '99 I think.

Always loved the character.

Are there any good Superhero novels out there?

Mostly they're just novelizations of stories that came out in trade form or as monthly issues. However, the novelizations of Green Lantern: Requiem and Final Crisis are worth a shot.

There are also some Batman novels that seem to have their own continuity.

Wait does Gambit have another solo book?

I remember enjoying a past solo series of his around '99 I think.

Always loved the character.

Yeah, up to issue six that came out this Wednesday so started about two or three months ago. I do not like where it is going and it is sad because I love the character also.

Ugh, just picked up quite a few of the new Marvel launches. Pretty sure I'm going to like them more than I should only to realize at like issue 5 or 6 that I don't really like it, and could have been buying something else <_< ... I'm hoping for an unexpected good read honestly.

Ugh, just picked up quite a few of the new Marvel launches. Pretty sure I'm going to like them more than I should only to realize at like issue 5 or 6 that I don't really like it, and could have been buying something else <_< ... I'm hoping for an unexpected good read honestly.

Uncanny Avengers is the only one that I've actually felt interested in continuing so far. I've got Cap and Thor sitting on my desk waiting to be read though, so hopefully they were worth buying. Iron Man I'm going to keep with until the GotG crossover stuff happens to see if that keeps my interest. If the Cosmic Stuff is half as interesting as it was in the whole Annihilation Wave to Thanos Imperative storyline, it could be fun to see how Iron Man fits in.

It's a shame that the first story they went with for Iron Man was "OH SHIT TECHNOLOGY IN THE HANDS OF BAD PEOPLE". As if Iron Man hasn't done 50,000 stories based around that exact thing. <_<

Outside of that though, I wasn't keen on Deadpool, I really don't like the idea that's going to be the driving force behind the new Fantastic Four... I was excited to read them because all I've read of them was stuff based during big Marvel events. And now I find out that hey - the new Fantastic Four isn't going to be based in a world or even timeline anywhere close to the current Marvel universe!

X-Men was just dire, I haven't read X-Men Legacy yet and I have no interest in FF.

Spoiler for X-Men:

I swear to god if they use this time travel bullshit as an excuse to retcon Scott Summers into being a good guy, that'll be the stupidest decision they ever fucking made. And Marvel has made a lot of those.

Uncanny Avengers is the only one that I've actually felt interested in continuing so far. I've got Cap and Thor sitting on my desk waiting to be read though, so hopefully they were worth buying. Iron Man I'm going to keep with until the GotG crossover stuff happens to see if that keeps my interest. If the Cosmic Stuff is half as interesting as it was in the whole Annihilation Wave to Thanos Imperative storyline, it could be fun to see how Iron Man fits in.

It's a shame that the first story they went with for Iron Man was "OH SHIT TECHNOLOGY IN THE HANDS OF BAD PEOPLE". As if Iron Man hasn't done 50,000 stories based around that exact thing. <_<

Outside of that though, I wasn't keen on Deadpool, I really don't like the idea that's going to be the driving force behind the new Fantastic Four... I was excited to read them because all I've read of them was stuff based during big Marvel events. And now I find out that hey - the new Fantastic Four isn't going to be based in a world or even timeline anywhere close to the current Marvel universe!

X-Men was just dire, I haven't read X-Men Legacy yet and I have no interest in FF.

Spoiler for X-Men:

I swear to god if they use this time travel bullshit as an excuse to retcon Scott Summers into being a good guy, that'll be the stupidest decision they ever fucking made. And Marvel has made a lot of those.

Yeah, Uncanny is looking like I'll give it a decent go.

Cap, Thor, XM Legacy, All New XM, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and Hulk are all sitting on my desk at home waiting for a read. I'm actually intrigued by FF simply because I loved Allred's work on Madman. If it turns out to be fun like that I'll follow (the cast is certainly set up for that type of awesome). The fact that Fantastic Four is set up that way is exactly why I'm giving it a try.

I'm going to give at least 6 issues to Cable/X-Force, Thunderbolts, and Avengers in December. In January I'll give Superior SM, Morbius, and Uncanny X-Force a try for a few issues.

Hell, forgot about the FEB stuff.

Secret Avengers appeals to me quite a bit actually. Secondary characters usually have the most fun stuff to follow, and this is looking very much like West Coast Avengers, which I admit I was a fan of. Of course I'll give the new Uncanny XM a go, just because. Also, the premise behind Fearless Defenders seems pretty cool.

I will buy Deadpool as long as it's about zombie presidents. The moment it's not I move on.

I actually think between everything I liked from Marvel ending and The Walking Dead annoying the shit out of me I'm very very dangerously close to not reading comics at all anymore. It'll join anime in the "oh, yeah, I used to be really into that" pile.

I will buy Deadpool as long as it's about zombie presidents. The moment it's not I move on.

I actually think between everything I liked from Marvel ending and The Walking Dead annoying the shit out of me I'm very very dangerously close to not reading comics at all anymore. It'll join anime in the "oh, yeah, I used to be really into that" pile.

Have you tried Saga?

Read through Hulk and Fantastic Four last night. Given what appears to be the set up and reasoning for FF, I'm actually looking more into FF as a possible like for me. Not sure about Fantastic Four itself (wasn't huge on it in any incarnation ever to be fair though).

Hulk is intriguing. I like Banner's set up and his own idea for himself when he's "angry." I'll give this one a decent shot probably.

Still though, IMO, none of the DC or Marvel new ground (Nightwing/Batman not included as they are the only ones of consequence I've not read yet) can hold a candle to the new Valiant stuff.

Have you tried Saga?

I've been meaning to. Is a TPB out?