Microsoft brings it's Big Guns out...

I'm curious, what was so crap about Halo? I understand calling it overrated, but it's one of the better console FPS since Perfect Dark. Standard, yet well presented Sci-Fi story, good AI, fast paced, but tactical enough to avoid being run-and-gun. I liked it, and I still do.

As far as I'm concerned, the PS3 is an overprice piece of shit. Seriously, who gives a crap about blu-ray? Or having 30GB on one disc? Fuck, not even the Sims with all the expansion packs installed is that big. Having owned all three consoles from the previous generation, the only games that I really enjoyed on the PS2 was Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, GTA, MGS and Smackdown. Of that, only MGS is exclusive to the PS3, and Smackdown has pretty much been delayed to appear months after it launches on the other two consoles.

Oh, and Dead Rising > j00.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

the only games that I really enjoyed on the PS2 was Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, GTA, MGS and Smackdown.

Whaaaaaaat? God of War, Devil May Cry, Jak & Daxter, Twisted Metal Black, FFX, Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken, Guitar Hero, Katamari, Onimusha, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet & Clank, Mark of Kri, Manhunt, and a ton of other exclusive games/series I'm sure I'm forgetting, didn't do anything for you?

I'm really hopeful for the game but I'm expecting the biggest disappointment since State of Emergency.

Whaaaaaaat? God of War, Devil May Cry, Jak & Daxter, Twisted Metal Black, FFX, Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken, Guitar Hero, Katamari, Onimusha, Kingdom Hearts, Ratchet & Clank, Mark of Kri, Manhunt, and a ton of other exclusive games/series I'm sure I'm forgetting, didn't do anything for you?

the only games that I really enjoyed on the PS2 was Fatal Frame, Silent Hill, GTA, MGS and Smackdown.

Dead Rising is the greatest game ever.

Its exactly as all the previews have described it. Its far more than State of Emergency with zombies. I love the demo and can't wait to buy the full version on tuesday

You get like 20 minutes on the demo, and thats plenty of time to kill zombies, I've seen people reporting 500+ kills in that time.

So with more time, I figure the game can only become more enjoyable.

You get like 20 minutes on the demo, and thats plenty of time to kill zombies, I've seen people reporting 500+ kills in that time.

So with more time, I figure the game can only become more enjoyable.

He's talking about in the full version that missions are timed or else you miss important weapons or plot points.

They changed it. Now you have to do Case files to move along the story. The scoop missions (rescuing people) are optional. And there’s more than one mode. There’s Story Mode, which is timed and Mission based, and there’s Unlimited Mode and Survival Mode. In Unlimited Mode, there’s no time limit so you can do as you please. In Survival Mode, you have to survive as long as possible. You have to eat from time to time, as your health drains, and nothing respawns, so you have to be cautious and not waste anything.

I'm waiting for the GoW demo. It looks great, but so have a bunch of games which weren't recently (like Oblivion).

And I can't see anything Halo-ish about Gears Of War whatsoever. Other than you shoot things. Entirely different story, setting, time, characters, type of game, etc.

And for the record, Halo/2 owns your souls. >_>

As will Halo 3. Except magnified by ten.

Edited by The Kraig