least favourite tv shows

Guest Preston

Guest Preston

I cant stand love island atm... its so desperate... worst show on tv for sure. im not really a soaps person either, though have a soft spot for eastenders at times. what about you guys?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aries-Rob

Love Island? I forgot that was on.

Simpsons, I used to love it, now the repeats are getting boring and the new ones suck. Family Guy and Eastenders > Simpsons

I totally hated Nip/Tuck and Prison Break. Lost was over-rated as fuck, and I fucking hate Big Brother with every ounce of my soul.

There's more, I seem to either love or hate TV, with little in-between.

LOST and Prison Break?

You seem to hate quality TV, my friend.

I can't blame the guy for thinking that Lost is overrated, even if I happen to like Lost a lot (though I'm still stuck in season two).

Seinfeld was, and still is, SEVERELY overrated. I remember Entertainment Weekly did a special book on the top 50 comedies of all time, and had Seinfeld ranked second, after I Love Lucy. NO WAY its even in the top 20, let alone #2!

Seinfeld ranked ahead of shows like the Andy Griffith Show, the Dick Van Dyke Show, Welcome Back Kotter, Sanford and Son, Barney Miller, and Green Acres? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

I automatically hate most reality shows, as they're a waste of tv time more often than not. I liked season 1 of Survivor and both seasons of Joe Schmo (but the first was far superior to the second), but that's about it. Unless you count Iron Chef America a reality show......

Oh, and while I like Family Guy and always have, American Dad sucks the big one.

I enjoyed the first few episodes of Lost, but then it just seemed like they were dragging the story out for the sake of it. It strikes me as something that could have been a great mini-series, but got dragged into an overly long series. I also dislike the fact you never get a straight answer to anything, and the constant flashbacks, and the 'everyone has a life changing secret' thing. Its not that I don't like slow-buring stories, but come-on, get to the damn point! I did like some of the characters though, I have to say.

I wouldn't say I hated Lost, I just do find it over-rated.

And yeah, I DO hate Prison Break. Don't get me started.

I enjoyed the first few episodes of Lost, but then it just seemed like they were dragging the story out for the sake of it. It strikes me as something that could have been a great mini-series, but got dragged into an overly long series. I also dislike the fact you never get a straight answer to anything, and the constant flashbacks, and the 'everyone has a life changing secret' thing. Its not that I don't like slow-buring stories, but come-on, get to the damn point! I did like some of the characters though, I have to say.

I wouldn't say I hated Lost, I just do find it over-rated.

And yeah, I DO hate Prison Break. Don't get me started.

It's TV, American TV at that, of course they're going to drag it out. If they keep getting lots of revenue from advertising and DVD's then they'd drag it out to like 10 seasons if they could.

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

I probably wouldn't mind Lost if they weren't just making it up as they go along. If I knew there was actually a well thought-out reason behind everything I'd be more inclined to watch, but there isn't, so I have no patience for it. It's not 'bad television' though.

All reality shows ala Big Brother, Love Island, X Factor, Pop Idol, and all those. That new one on BBC 1, "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?", is just indicitive of the whole culture. You can tell that a great majority of the contestants haven't entered thinking "I think I could be good enough to star in a big West End musical and I'd like to pursue that dream" - but rather, "I'd like to be on television because I'm obsessed with what minor celebrity that might give me". The shallow cunts.

I hate all reality TV, with the exception of Hogan Knows Best and Supergroup, for the sheer mark-out value combined with car crash qualities.

Lost is fairly average, and incredibly over-rated, especially when it just seems like they're making it up as they go along, and by the time it finally finishes in seven or eight seasons' time, no one will give a toss any more.

I can't stand any makeover shows, because it's so fucking superficial, and not the good Wildean kind of superficial. It's "dress like we tell you, and you will be happy", and they always dress people in the latest fashions, without really giving any thought to whether it suits that person's personality, whether it would work in a long-term setting, or whether the clothes accentuated the individual's strength or anything. It was just "this is fashionable, wear it, while I chuck out all of your own clothes". Fucking bullshit stuff.

Dating shows fall under much the same category, as superficial irritating bullshit. The best part is when the fat bloke gets rejected, and starts complaining about how it's because of his looks, and how the world's so shallow to judge him solely on that, when he's the one who's on national television trying to win a date with a supermodel. Yeah, mate, you want to go out with her because of her enlightened view on socioeconomics, sure.

Prison Break is dreadful. It's just preposterous, and completely unbelievable and just terrible. I see nothing good about it, in the slightest.

All soap operas, apart from Brookside, are just dire. Terrible acting, terrible storylines, just god-awful lowest common denominator shite.

I can't stand The Mint. Quizmania is fucking brilliant, but The Mint is just Quizmania with none of the charm or charisma.

I'm sure I'll be back with plenty more. Television is shite.

I hate all reality TV, with the exception of Hogan Knows Best and Supergroup, for the sheer mark-out value combined with car crash qualities.

Lost is fairly average, and incredibly over-rated, especially when it just seems like they're making it up as they go along, and by the time it finally finishes in seven or eight seasons' time, no one will give a toss any more.

I can't stand any makeover shows, because it's so fucking superficial, and not the good Wildean kind of superficial. It's "dress like we tell you, and you will be happy", and they always dress people in the latest fashions, without really giving any thought to whether it suits that person's personality, whether it would work in a long-term setting, or whether the clothes accentuated the individual's strength or anything. It was just "this is fashionable, wear it, while I chuck out all of your own clothes". Fucking bullshit stuff.

Dating shows fall under much the same category, as superficial irritating bullshit. The best part is when the fat bloke gets rejected, and starts complaining about how it's because of his looks, and how the world's so shallow to judge him solely on that, when he's the one who's on national television trying to win a date with a supermodel. Yeah, mate, you want to go out with her because of her enlightened view on socioeconomics, sure.

Prison Break is dreadful. It's just preposterous, and completely unbelievable and just terrible. I see nothing good about it, in the slightest.

All soap operas, apart from Brookside, are just dire. Terrible acting, terrible storylines, just god-awful lowest common denominator shite.

I can't stand The Mint. Quizmania is fucking brilliant, but The Mint is just Quizmania with none of the charm or charisma.

I'm sure I'll be back with plenty more. Television is shite.

Don't worry Skummy, I'll bring Kiss Chase to your TV sets if it's the last thing I do!