Black/Death Metal Fans Ruin Slipknot Show

tristy

I hate metal fans in general, all sub genres of metal, because they're the pickiest, whiniest fuckwits ever. I'm not a fan of Slipknot myself, but I hate it when "fans" do that kinda stuff. They boo em, yet I bet 95% of the people in that crowd couldn't get on stage and do what they do night after night. They boo'ed because Slipknot changed their style? Boo fucking hoo, it's THEIR music, THEIR art, THEIR interpretation of things. They're doing something they love for a living, a thing hardly anyone gets to do anymore. If you don't like em, at least show them a little respect.

Blazing levels of ignorance not seen since the likes of SeanDMan.

This is an arguement similar to the "if you don't like it, why do you watch it?" one presented near daily in the ring. If the fans don't like the product, I believe they have every right to protest it, whether by means shown here by the french or more peaceful methods.

And the remarks about metal fans? I could rant on that all day, but for the sake of the board, I won't. I'll just stick my original statement of "blazing ignorance not seen since the likes of SeanDMan".

Guest Dead Rats

i think slipknot are a great band. they have also realized that they dont have to scream to make music.

anyone who does something like that is,well,fags

Blazing levels of ignorance not seen since the likes of SeanDMan.

This is an arguement similar to the "if you don't like it, why do you watch it?" one presented near daily in the ring. If the fans don't like the product, I believe they have every right to protest it, whether by means shown here by the french or more peaceful methods.

And the remarks about metal fans? I could rant on that all day, but for the sake of the board, I won't. I'll just stick my original statement of "blazing ignorance not seen since the likes of SeanDMan".

I love you.

And Dead Rats... please work on your insults.

they have also realized that they dont have to scream to make music.

anyone who does something like that is,well,fags

some people actually "like" to scream in their music.

as for the "fag" reference, whether its towards the french fans or people who like to scream in their music, don't use such narrow minded, homophobic references you loser.

Guest Dead Rats

some people actually "like" to scream in their music.

as for the "fag" reference, whether its towards the french fans or people who like to scream in their music, don't use such narrow minded, homophobic references you loser.

Okay dad. Ill try harder next time.

i do like screaming in music( a la; iowa and there first album). but in the third, they have quitened down. im not complaining

And i just dont see the point in ruining there concert. so im implying 'fags' as them people

"Narrow-Minded"?. Well, think what you want. And i must say you have a great use of vocabulary..."you loser"

Nickelback = Slipknot

:blink: Slipknot is nothing like Nickelback. They may be signed to the same record company, but that's it. Nickelback is commercial rock that is mainly in it for the money, because they make shitty music. Slipknot, although they have toned it down, are nowhere near Nickelback in terms of commercialized, shitty music. Some diehard Slipknot fans may be angry at the fact that they have changed, but they are also gaining a few more listeners than before because it isn't all screaming. Personally, I like their new cd, but I also enjoy some of their old stuff. I am a fan of metal, and will stick up for metal, because people that call it "just screaming" don't understand that it's not always bout hearing the lyrics, sometimes it's about melody and more times than not, if you read the lyrics to the metal songs, they will have meaning.

My music rant is done, I suppose.

Oh and that guy using "fag", they're right, learn some new vocab, because you may live in a place where "fag" is a hip, new diss, it's been around for a while and it's quite stupid to call somebody a fag for no apparent reason other than wanting to use a new word. Go look in a dictionary and learn some new words to call people.

I'm not a fan of Slipknot - like a couple of songs I've heard, but couldn't tell you the titles - but what those `fans' did was idiotic.

You know what they need to do the next time they tour somewhere where its likely that a lot of death\black metal fans will show up?

Pull a page out of the W.A.S.P. handbook....sort of.

I'm not sure if they did it a lot, but the VH-1 special on the Top 25 Moments In Heavy Metal mentioned that W.A.S.P. threw raw meat into the audience.

Well, I think Slipknot should do something similar the next time a bunch of morons like that try to ruin their show:

Get as many trashbags full of fresh cow manure as they can possibly get and keep them just offstage. Then when the fans start causing trouble, just let the shit hit the fans. Literally. :)

(Personally, I think Black AND Death metal both suck, but that's just my opinion.)

Btw, do the members of Slipknot wear their masks all the time, like KISS did with the make-up before taking it off back in the 80's (thank God they put it back on!)?

Even when I dont like Slipknot or Death/Metal, it is a shame for this to happen. Music, like most other things in life, is about taste and choice...you dont like it, but other people do and they have the same right you do to listen to their favorite music and enjoy it..

I'm not a fan of Slipknot - like a couple of songs I've heard, but couldn't tell you the titles -  but what those `fans' did was idiotic.

You know what they need to do the next time they tour somewhere where its likely that a lot of death\black metal fans will show up?

Pull a page out of the W.A.S.P. handbook....sort of.

I'm not sure if they did it a lot, but the VH-1 special on the Top 25 Moments In Heavy Metal mentioned that W.A.S.P. threw raw meat into the audience.

Well, I think Slipknot should do something similar the next time a bunch of morons like that try to ruin their show:

Get as many trashbags full of fresh cow manure as they can possibly get and keep them just offstage. Then when the fans start causing trouble, just let the shit hit the fans. Literally. :)

(Personally, I think Black AND Death metal both suck, but that's just my opinion.)

Btw, do the members of Slipknot wear their masks all the time, like KISS did with the make-up before taking it off back in the 80's (thank God they put it back on!)?

Great idea, that way the fans don't have to bring stuff to throw and can simply throw it back.

These are the fans that go to concerts that spray blood and goats heads into the audience... a little shit won't phase them a bit and they'll simply throw it back.

These are the fans that go to concerts that spray blood and goats heads into the audience... a little shit won't phase them a bit and they'll simply throw it back.

Gorgoroth? :D

Ironically I'm listening to them right now.

And that's just scratching the surface when it comes to all that stuff.  There are plenty of bands that throw all kinds of things in the audience.

Yup yup, Dillinger Escape Plan's lead singer threw a bag of his own shit into the crowd, oddly enough, they never threw it back...

Guest Dead Rats

The hell?!?! I said i LIKE screaming in music, not because its well, screaming, but it contains a lot more than that, just as that person stated.

and,to be honest, i can understand what they say in 'screaming' more than they do in rapping and 'MCing'.

and the word 'fags'. *rubs chin* eeeuuuurrrrnnnghghhgh. it was just something that sprang to mind! i could say a lot better, and a lot worst. for god sake, there is no need jumping into shit, sayin 'get better insults you loser'. i mean, jeez, you dont even know me. wisen up, chill out, and back down.

fuck man