Black/Death Metal Fans Ruin Slipknot Show

tristy

Olivier Rouhet of Rock Hard France sent us the following report from the 2004 edition of Fury Fest, a three-day event held June 25-27 at the Park Des Expositions in Le Mans, France:

"Headlining the last day of the Fury Fest Festival in Le Mans (France), SLIPKNOT had to endure the hostility of French so-called music 'fans'. Before going on stage, a majority of the audience (hardcore and black/death metal fans) organized themselves in order to sabotage the SLIPKNOT show. It started before the band went onstage with a non-stop 'SLIPKNOT, enculé' (Translation: SLIPKNOT, fuckers).

"When [drummer] Joey Jordison went on stage, the battle started: a large part of the audience started throwing anything [they could find] on stage (the security crew allowed bottles in the venue!). Pretending to defend the integrity of music, those so called 'fans' ruined the show. SLIPKNOT played 48 minutes (they were supposed to play 90) and it must be said that it's a very courageous move as any band would have left the stage after one song.

"The rumors provoking the furor was that SLIPKNOT had a very long soundcheck in the morning (this is true) but nobody can believe that this was a spontaneous move. The people there had planned to ruin the SLIPKNOT show: a real silly move. If you don't agree with SLIPKNOT, the best way is to leave the festival. By provoking violence, the fans have given France a bad name.

"During 'People = Shit' chorus, Corey sang (it depends who you talk to !) 'You are full of shit' or 'people throw me shit'. As Rock Hard France is a sponsor of the Fury Fest, we can only condemn the attitude of all these so called 'fans.' The SLIPKNOT show for the opening of METALLICA (23rd June) at Le Parc Des Princes was perfect.

"Some days ago, I had the chance to talk by phone with [singer] Corey [Taylor] about his love for France. I just hope that the attitude of those hooligans in Le Mans won't affect the relationship with true fans of music.

"To sum up everything, let's say that it's everybody's right to dislike SLIPKNOT, but it's a shame to ruin a show, for the band and the fans, and the best way to show his dislike is to boycott. Shame on the Fury Fest audience. For the first time, young French people organized a good festival. The audience ruined it. No surprise if bands don't play in our country anymore (not being Parisians, this kind of stuff would not have happened in Paris). SLIPKNOT is a good band. If you don't like them, don't look at their show, and don't ruin the fans' pleasure."

Credit: Blabbermouth

:lol: !!

godamn. i hate slipknot, but death metal fans piss me off more. someone shouldve just started throwing bricks intot he audience, just hit as meny of the fuckers as possible.

LMAO! :lol:

If only that happened at every Slipknot show. They're probably old Slipknot fans who are just pissed because the band really pussied down a lot recently.

Although I hate Slipknot, I'm glad no one was actually hurt. Shit music isn't worth being injured over.

Guest OrtonIsEvolution

I like some of Slipknot's songs, the softer ones, I'm not a big fan of the real heavy stuff tho.

I just think it's a shame someone would do that....Dupree should move away from France since that happened. Even though he really is from New Brunswick.

France > Slipknot.

I got a good laugh out of the that. I side with the French - I'd rather see a good Deicide or Zyklon concert than Slipknot (Y)

I'd rather see a good Deicide or Zyklon concert than Slipknot (Y)

Deicide, those bastards :( Cancelled their show here in Finland for no real reason. And we didn't even get anyone decent to replace them, sucked nuts to listen to local death/black groups when you've paid for Deicide.

Deicide, those bastards :( Cancelled their show here in Finland for no real reason. And we didn't even get anyone decent to replace them, sucked nuts to listen to local death/black groups when you've paid for Deicide.

Apparently they're greedy fucks according to something that I read off Blabmouth. And even though I hate most heavy metal fans (Whiny bitches) this shit is great.

I hate metal fans in general, all sub genres of metal, because they're the pickiest, whiniest fuckwits ever. I'm not a fan of Slipknot myself, but I hate it when "fans" do that kinda stuff. They boo em, yet I bet 95% of the people in that crowd couldn't get on stage and do what they do night after night. They boo'ed because Slipknot changed their style? Boo fucking hoo, it's THEIR music, THEIR art, THEIR interpretation of things. They're doing something they love for a living, a thing hardly anyone gets to do anymore. If you don't like em, at least show them a little respect.

I used to be a pretty big Slipknot fan, but I grew out of them by the time IOWA was released, and I didn't like it at all. Put i'm digging the new album. But the fact they stayed on for 48 minutes whilst people contantly threw shit at them, they at least deserve props for that. And I agree with what FSF said. You may not like them, but you have to respect them, for everything that they do.