EWB Band 100 III Results

Jook

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thatz is my new favourite poster, as he voted for Cream at like #3, I'd imagine hence their inclusion.

Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens and Bjork are also big "hurrah" moments for me.

Pretty 'meh' about Libertines and Coldplay, violently dislike Dragonforce, and haven't heard any of the other bands' stuff so can't really comment on those.

• 2 weeks later...

Jook's been kind enough to give me the second half of the countdown, so let's rawk your puny mortal worlds!

doors.png

50. The Doors

Up 17

2004: 16th

2005: 67th

johnnycash.png

49. Johnny Cash

New Entry

2004: n/a

2005: n/a

sigurros.png

48. Sigur Ros

New Entry

soundgarden.png

47. Soundgarden

Down 18 :crying:

2004: 25th

2005: 29th

lucksmiths.png

46. The Lucksmiths

New Entry

afi.png

45. A.F.I.

New Entry

2004: 85th

tomwaits.png

44. Tom Waits

New Entry

cky.png

43. C.K.Y.

Up 33

2005: 76th

aic.png

42. Alice In Chains

Up 2

2004: 57th

2005: 40th

dylan.png

41. Bob Dylan

Down 2

2004: 37th

2005: 39th

Edited by The Midget

By far the best 10 thus far, with The Doors, The Lucksmiths, Johnny Cash and of course King Bob The Magnificent making this easily the greatest group in the countdown, probably until the end.

The only sad thing is that a lot of these artists deserve to be in the top 20, some in the top 10, but alas. The top 20 had better be fucking good to justify this nonsense!

By far the best 10 thus far, with The Doors, The Lucksmiths, Johnny Cash and of course King Bob The Magnificent making this easily the greatest group in the countdown, probably until the end.

The only sad thing is that a lot of these artists deserve to be in the top 20, some in the top 10, but alas. The top 20 had better be fucking good to justify this nonsense!

So in the true spirit of this countdown let's all get ready for Green Day at #1.

HOW. THE. FUCK....The Lucksmiths? On the list? FUCK YES. Lucksmiths + Tom Waits = all downhill from here.

In fact, all of that part, except for AFI and CKY, suits me fine.

Best 10 yet....though the Lucksmiths getting in does suggest to me that there just weren't enough voting, as they got a few high votes and sod all else.

Thats not a slight at them, more that some bands luck out in these things by having four or five big fans, rather than a lot of people thinking they are decent (the Pillows will probably be another one).

SHENANIGANS......using the model that 1st pick = 10 point. Then Strung Out should have 16 points. Thus should be on the list in some shape and form (They have less points than CKY, so should have already been on the list already). Hatebreed have 10 points...yet make it (Speaking of that...why no Protest The Hero either?). BOOO!!!! :shifty: Don't shaft one of my favourite bands, or I will be mega pissed.

Edited by Mr. Kurt McKenna