71. QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE

DOWN 35

2004: N/A

2005: 36TH

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew Good Band being on there is nice, probably about the right sort of position for 'em really, I doubt they'd get any higher given EWB's collective taste.

Um. No. They finished VERY high on EWB's Favorite Song (which... I should probably post the results for or I could send them to Ollie like I was wanting to but he never replies to my MSN messages), so their finishing in the 80's was a bit of a shock. But then again, SDM is still off being a carnie or whatever so I guess that's that.

Creed anywhere is fucking appalling, though.

Matthew Good Band being on there is nice, probably about the right sort of position for 'em really, I doubt they'd get any higher given EWB's collective taste.

Um. No. They finished VERY high on EWB's Favorite Song (which... I should probably post the results for or I could send them to Ollie like I was wanting to but he never replies to my MSN messages), so their finishing in the 80's was a bit of a shock. But then again, SDM is still off being a carnie or whatever so I guess that's that.

Creed anywhere is fucking appalling, though.

Wow, we'll put in generic rock bands without putting in fantastic hip-hop talents? I know a lot of folks didn't know that solo artists were put on the list, but surely someone could find something better to vote for than Creed. And I like Creed's stuff, but they hardly belong here.

EDIT: Garbage, Bloc Party, and QOTSA own, though...so at least there's that.

Edited by ROC

Screw all you Creed-haters. They're too low on the list >_>

Hell yeah! Speaking of post-grunge, I hope Alter Bridge are on the list. Surely anybody that voted for Creed must realise Alter Bridge are ten times better with none of the "I act like Jesus" crap and a shitload of complex guitaring from Mark Tremonti... I also hope Nickelback make it, their last album was even liked by some of the flavour of the month whore music magazines that usually piss all over them.

Also Supergrass deserve make the list somewhere. They're so underrated and have seemed to slip under the radar, not being a part of this "image first, music second" British music scene we have at the moment.