NEW ENTRY

2004: N/A

2005: N/A

hundredreasons400.jpg

91. HUNDRED REASONS

NEW ENTRY

2004: N/A

2005: N/A

Ugh. The only good thing is The Dears sneaking in.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I alone when I say... who? Devin Townsend Band? Dears? Hundred Reasons? The other entries are fine, and it's criminal that Kiss, Motorhead and Priest never made the list before. Can we just rename this EWB's Flavor of the Week 100?

Am I alone when I say... who? Devin Townsend Band?

Devin Townsend is arguably the best thing to happen to metal in years. DTB is his more atmospheric, lighter side, but it still has moment of great strength. He's been an insanely prolific songwriter for the better part of a decade (Strapping Young Lad, another of his creations, has been around for roughly ten years) and is not only gifted in terms of songwriting, but also a very commendable guitarist.

If you think you would be up for a more metal version of Dream Theater or Tool, DTB could be an excellent pickup.

For the record, my list so far:

1. Soundgarden

2. The Devin Townsend Band - #97

3. Chris Cornell

4. Primus

5. Talking Heads

6. The Smashing Pumpkins

7. Rage Against The Machine

8. N.W.A.

9. Sarah McLachlan

10. Beck

Edited by The Midget

Gorillaz's massive drop is unsurprising since it'll probably be years before Albarn and Hewlett decide to release something new there. Glad they're still there, though.

I haven't heard of some of these bands, but hey, at least "who?" is better than "oh god, not them." And Death Cab in #100 - #90 is a good spot for them.

The only thing I hate about when Jook does a music list of any sort, is that he breaks them up, and over a period of maybe a month, the list slowly gets posted.

post the whole thing. even if it takes a few days. come on. =(

Am I alone when I say... who? Devin Townsend Band? Dears? Hundred Reasons?

Yeah, The Midget covered DTB, I don't know the Dears but Hundred Reasons are a big-ish band in the UK, ergo they got some votes by UK members. They've had three generally excellent albums (especially their debut "Ideas Above Our Station" which is probably one of my faves of all time) so I wouldn't exactly tap them in as a "flavour of the month" sort.

And my problem with Jook posting isn't that he does it bit by bit, but that he is never happy with anything on the list >_>

Hundred Reasons are a big-ish band in the UK, ergo they got some votes by UK members. They've had three generally excellent albums (especially their debut "Ideas Above Our Station" which is probably one of my faves of all time) so I wouldn't exactly tap them in as a "flavour of the month" sort.

Hundred Reasons are a big-ish band in the UK, ergo they got some votes by UK members. They've had three generally excellent albums (especially their debut "Ideas Above Our Station" which is probably one of my faves of all time) so I wouldn't exactly tap them in as a "flavour of the month" sort.

That's rather laughable.

Death Cab/WAS should be higher, and who the fuck are the Dears?

Guest Chasing Ringy

I remember seeing the Dears play in a completely empty club in early 2000. They were horrible.

Their last album was good though. Had no idea they'd made it big enough to be on some obscure list on the internet :shifty:

That's rather laughable.

Death Cab/WAS should be higher, and who the fuck are the Dears?