The Last Mixtape You Made

tristy

Err, mix CD. Whatever.

I made one a few weeks ago, and named it "Guilty Pleasures 2006". It has the likes of Breaking Benjamin (The Diary Of Jane), Stone Sour (Through Glass), Three Days Grace (Animal I Have Become), Flyleaf (Fully Alive), Blue October (Hate Me), Taking Back Sunday (Makedamnsure), Nickelback (Savin' Me), Rob Zombie (American Witch), PANIC! At The Disco (I Write Sins, Not Tragedies) and some other stuff. In a nutshell, it's mainstream rock radio songs.

I made this girl I knew a CD with some Gnarls Barkley stuff (I think Go Go Gadgel Gospel, Gone Daddy Gone, Transformer, and a few others were on there, but not Crazy), some Mars Volta stuff from the new album, and something else...I have bad memory of the past...

I have no idea. I need to make one soon though. Probably going to stick some Maiden, Asheru, Faith No More, and random crap on it.

Damn. I was expecting a Butch Walker thread. The man gets no love, I tell thee!

Last mix CDs I made were a lot of songs I had recently gotten back into:

1. Lamb Of God - Redneck (which, btw, even if you're not a fan of such music, go watch the video)

2. Fear Factory - Edgecrusher

3. Gomez - How We Operate

4. 30 Seconds To Mars - The Kill (Bury Me)

5. Angels & Airwaves - The Adventure

6. Clutch - Impetus

7. Deftones - Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)

8. Dream Theater - As I Am

9. Gravity Kills - Enough

CD 2:

1. Interpol - Evil

2. Local H - High Fivin' MF

3. Ministry - No W

4. Motorhead - Eat The Rich

5. Pelican - Aurora Borealis

6. Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

7. Strapping Young Lad - AAA

8. The Bags - Cavemen Rejoice

Guest Grapehead

I made my ex-girlfriend a drunken CD(as in a CD that improves as you get more drunk... well for us anyways). It had some dance stuff, like Scooter/Daft Punk/Windom Earle(local), it also had some Rob Zombie, Flaming Lips, Kanye West, ... I don't remember, but it was a great CD.

Yeah, so I made this mix for a friend of mine who was going through a rough patch and just wanted some music to listen to whilst she was on the road somewhere. So I just sort of threw together some tracks I love in a sequence that made it flow rather well, and here you are. And I have the tracklisting because I save all my tracklistings because I am a dork like that;

1. Electric President – Insomnia

2. The Beatles – Things We Said Today

3. The Velvet Underground – Sunday Morning

4. Seu Jorge – Starman

5. Harvey Danger – Little Round Mirrors

6. Mirah – Sweepstakes Prize

7. Cowboy Bebop – Flying Teapot

8. John Cale – Hallelujah

9. The Pillows – Tiny Boat

10. Hum – Stars

11. Regina Spektor – Us

12. Miles Davis – Blue in Green

13. Weezer – December

14. Stereo Total – Morose

15. The Pixies – Wave of Mutilation

16. They Might Be Giants – Twisting

17. Sigur Ros - Staralfur

My last album was a workout mix.

It had dandies such as "Suck my cock" by Black Uniforms and "Fuck the Dead" by GG Allin. Also making an appearance on the album were Subhumans (from Vancouver), Reagan Youth, Kraut, No Alternative, and Black Flag. A brilliant mix. I'd list it all but it's 32 tracks and I don't have a track listing handy.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Not including a massive mp3 CD I made to listen to while I try to get to sleep, my last mix was something along the lines of:

1. Loudon Wainwright III - The Man Who Couldn't Cry

2. Jeffrey Lewis - Heavy Heart

3. Daniel Johnston - Honey, I Sure Miss You

4. The Lucksmiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

5. Medicine - Time Baby III

6. Television Personalities - She Can Stop Traffic

7. Giant Drag - Wicked Game

8. Voltaire - Goodnight Demonslayer

9. The Lucksmiths - Sunlight In A Jar

10. Marc Ronson - Just

11. The Jesus & Mary Chain & Hope Sandoval - Sometimes Always

12. Ani DiFranco - Gravel

13. Mazzy Star - Wild Horses

14. Juliana Hatfield - Spin The Bottle

15. Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is

16. The Lucksmiths - If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home Now

17. Stray Cats - Sleepwalk

18. The Knife - Heartbeats

I made that for a ladyfriend ages ago, and I think it's the last mix I made.

Why does ever post in this thread contain the words 'I made this for a girl'? Does no one make CDs for themselves anymore?

If it's for myself, it's usually an MP3 CD, which doesn't really count, in my opinion, so I listed the last standard mix CD I made, which just happened to be for a girl. I make them for loads of my mates, though, not just the laydeez.

Hmm. The last CD I made was a 'road' one to listen to in the car while me and some friends drove down to Prague for a week before Uni. It was pretty good, some latter-day Beatles, some Bowie, a bit of Danger Mouse and Arctic Monkeys (this was before you knew who they were, and the novelty hadn't yet worn off for me), and some drum'n'bass stuff too. It was a pretty fun CD.

I've got to make a CD pretty soon for all of the songs I'm planning to use in the play I'll be directing this term. Well, technically 2 CDs, one for the music featured in the play itself, and one for stuff to play during the interval/before the play, etc.

Won't be using too many songs during the play itself, apart from 'Catching That Butterfly' by The Verve, and a track from the FFX soundtrack that stokerino sent me, but the other one will include loads of Rolling Stones, Pixies, and Jefferson Airplane. And possibly some Lucksmiths, as I really like them at the moment.

Err, mix CD. Whatever.

I made one a few weeks ago, and named it "Guilty Pleasures 2006". It has the likes of Breaking Benjamin (The Diary Of Jane), Stone Sour (Through Glass), Three Days Grace (Animal I Have Become), Flyleaf (Fully Alive), Blue October (Hate Me), Taking Back Sunday (Makedamnsure), Nickelback (Savin' Me), Rob Zombie (American Witch), PANIC! At The Disco (I Write Sins, Not Tragedies) and some other stuff. In a nutshell, it's mainstream rock radio songs.

Haha, I remember you mentioning it to me, forgot you went through with it.

Why does ever post in this thread contain the words 'I made this for a girl'? Does no one make CDs for themselves anymore?

I stick songs I want onto my iPod, I don't really need to make CD's as I never listen to them (aside from when I'm at home, where I'll just lob on a normal CD or plug my iPod into my computer). So, all mix CD's I have made ARE for girls, seemingly.

The last one I made was for this Danish girl I know, just a mix of stuff she might like (I can't remember the track listing). I need to make one for the new girl I am seeing, again of just stuff she might like, the only track springing to mind off the top of my head being Ryan Adams "Nightbirds"...I had a few more, can't think of them now.