Fantastic Four movie sequel news

GhostMachine

The sequel is apparently going to be called Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer.....which pretty much gives away what its about.

Who will be returning:

The four primary actors, Julian McMahon as Doom, and Kerry Washington as Alicia Masters.

Tim Story will be directing again, but Mark Frost is out as screenwriter. Don Payne, who wrote "My Super Ex-Girfriend" is writing the sequel. Apparently two draft scrips for the movie were rejected.

Doom *may* team up with another classic FF villain, possibly Alicia's stepfather the Puppet Master.

Galactus may or may not appear. Marvel Studios chief Avi Arad (who has since resigned to go form his own movie production company) said it wasn't likely, but Kerry Washington said in a recent interview that he will be in it.

A rumor - and ONLY a rumor - said that Fox wanted Keanu Reeves to play the Silver Surfer, with the idea of possibly turning the Surfer into another movie franchise. That said, if he plays the Surfer, I want.....no, I DEMAND...that George Carlin plays Galactus!

Apparently much of the plot hasn't been revealed, but Don Payne was not happy at all with how Reed Richards was portrayed in the first film and is trying to correct that in his script. And apparently there will be a love triangle between Reed, Sue and the Surfer. (Note: in the Surfer's first appearance in the comics, he was involved with Alicia Masters, not Sue)

The movie is going to be out in June of 2007. It was originally supposed to be released later, but was pushed up so it wouldn't compete with Transformers.

-------------------------------------

There's also an article on the actresses in the Dead Or Alive movie in the issue, and I want to shoot the casting director. (Jamie Pressly as Tina Armstrong? Bah.)

GhostMachine...I think you need to shoot more than the casting director for the DoA movie. It just doesn't look good from the onset, seeing that it'll either be ridiculous juvenile tittilation or ridiculous action scenes duplicated from better action movies...or both.

I hate Keanu Reeves, but for the look? He could pull the look off. Ok he can't act for shit, but he's got the sort of look I think (if he shaved his head obviously).

Personally I enjoyed the first one. It was good fun. Although I rate it as the worst of the Marvel Comics adaptations, but it was still good enough.

Worst of the marvel movies? Really? So you haven't seen that Captain America movie where The Red Skull was Italian, huh?

As for what FF did to warrant a sequel, how about raking in the cash? It was a hit at the box office. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. However unless Surfer being in the second movie is a set up for Galactus coming into the third movie, I don't care to see him. Surfer without Galactus coming to Earth to try and devour the planet wouldn't be all that great, just my opinion.

Edited by GM TGC

Worst of the marvel movies? Really? So you haven't seen that Captain America movie where The Red Skull was Italian, huh?

As for what FF did to warrant a sequel, how about raking in the cash? It was a hit at the box office. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. However unless Surfer being in the second movie is a set up for Galactus coming into the third movie, I don't care to see him. Surfer without Galactus coming to Earth to try and devour the planet wouldn't be all that great, just my opinion.

Nope, I thankfully haven't seen that Captain America film. I have been told though of it's awfulness-ness.

I was expecting somebody to correct me by saying Daredevil was the worst.

I think Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. with Da 'Hoff as Nick takes the cake.

Ok fine damn it! :angry: I mean the modern set of films, starting with Blade. Now, stop mentioning bad Marvel films, it makes me sad... :(

I actually liked Daredevil for what it was. That said, the director's cut was a far better film than the one they released theatrically.

I also don't hate Nic Fury either. For a made for TV Movie, it wasn't god awful.

The Daredevil Directors Cut made a mediocre movie into a pretty good one. I was seriously surprised how much better it became because of it. AND it even made Ben Affleck go from "shit as fuck" to "bearable, not to bad even".

Having never seen the theatrical cut of Daredevil, I personally loved the Directors' Cut. Affleck was good as Murdock, and OK as DD himself, I had no complaints with him.

Back to the Fantastic Four, hopefully the sequel will be better. I thought the first movie was pretty meh, had it's moments, but Doom and Richards were written terribly. Hopefully that's addressed. Also, the Surfer should be awesome. Unless it's Keanu Reeves. Honestly, the guy was fine as Neo and (as someone who never read Hellblazer) Constantine, but he should NOT be the Silver Surfer. I actually think Vin Diesel would be... scrap that. Just not Reeves.

To be fair, you can't mention bad Marvel adaptations and not ignore the Generation X gem with Finola Hughes as Emma Frost against Max Headroom.

I love The Silver Surfer as both Herald of Galactus, defender of the universe, and any sort of big cosmic epic that he always finds himself in. I never seem to hate how he's written, either. From the Ron Lim run to the robotic Moebius stuff, Surfer is fucking awesome.