Songs that piss you off

hugobomb

Hmm. A music thread I've not been in yet? Egads. Time to correct this. Some of these will be current, some of them will be a bit older.

"Smile" by Lily Allen. Your dad couldn't play or sing and neither can you. Now fuck off back to suburbia, you social climbing little bitch.

"Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts" by Arctic Monkeys. Now, I don't love the Arctic Monkeys by any stretch, but back last summer when I was starting to hear the web buzz about 'em, this was the one song of theirs I really liked, and they didn't even put it on the fucking album. Well cock.

"China Girl" by David Bowie. Not so much the song, but how little it gets brought up when people are arguing Bowie's case as one of the all-time great British musicians, when this song would pretty much prove that argument on its own. That annoys me.

"I've Got My Mind Set On You" by George Harrison. Another 'reaction' one. I love George Harrison, and I could play this song backwards by the time I was about 11. Now, when I go out to Honey Club on a Brighton Monday, they play this song, and nobody has a fucking clue who sang it or what a fucking awesome tune it is. People dance to the Black Eyed Peas song before it, and "Final Countdown" after it, but they choose this song to go and take a piss? Bastards.

"Engine Number 9" by Fat Man Scoop. Yes, you're a money-grubbing capitalist sex pest. Now fuck off.

"Racy Lacey" by Girls Aloud. The copy of the Daily Mirror I read at work one day said this was filthy and raunchy to the max, as if Prince would be recoiling in outraged horror. I've thrown up sexier stuff than this.

"Cash Machine" by Hard-Fi. Actually anything by them, but this one most of all. Boo hoo, we don't have as much money as the middle classes, life's so hard. It makes us all seem like whiners.

"What I Like About You" by The Romantics/The Ramones. I so wanted either of these versions to be better than the version by Lillix that's on the Freaky Friday soundtrack/that Nickelodeon show, but it's just not. That's really depressing.

"I'll Be Ready" by Sunblock. For turning me into everything I hate with its unashamed awesomeness. Bugger.

"Gasolina" by Daddy Yankee. Remember when the Spanish reggaton movement was gonna take the UK by storm last year? Yeah, me neither. This actually isn't an awful song, mind.

"Political World" by Bob Dylan. SWERVE~! As much as I love Bob, even I can't excuse some of his mi-80s foibles. If you're going to update "With God on Our Side" to make it relevant to the 80s, at least be straight about it.

"Gotta Serve Somebody" by Bob Dylan. The man I love the most sometimes pisses me off the most. This could've been such a good song, but he turned it into something so elevator music-esque and benign it ended up getting used on The Sopranos, for fuck's sake.

"Seeing The Real You At Last" by Bob Dylan. Some journalist once remarked, on hearing the album Planet Waves, "what is this shit?" I can't even begin to imagine what he thought of this song, thankfully he'd retired from journalism by then. He probably had a heart attack, this is really quite atrocious.

"Lola" by The Kinks. I went out with a girl called Lola. She wasn't a man, but she was a bit of a bitch really. Bit of a pointless reason, but she used to want to listen to Kinks albums whilst fucking, I'm pretty sure entirely to hear this song, which pretty much brought her off, the vain cow. It's given me shudders ever since. This and "Copa Cabana."

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady As She Goes. Really, there's no need to play this song 45 times in a day. Twice was fine.

Steady As She Goes. Really, there's no need to play this song 45 times in a day. Twice was fine.

I admit I like the song and its what got me into The Raconteurs. It pisses me off though how that song being created caused the band coming together... And now Jack White is doing the whole: "I'm in a four-piece band thing", it's obvious that The White Stripes will only have one album left now if that. :(

I admit I like the song and its what got me into The Raconteurs. It pisses me off though how that song being created caused the band coming together... And now Jack White is doing the whole: "I'm in a four-piece band thing", it's obvious that The White Stripes will only have one album left now if that. :(

Guest Chasing Ringy

Lily Allen is cool, her album is well good. Sweet, but biting. Refreshingly good pop music. Smile is overplayed though.

Agreed on all accounts. I didn't expect much, but was surprised by how good her stuff is.

I've only heard Lily Allen a couple of times, Smile isn't great, but LND is pretty good pop music. I don't listen to the radio much at all, except a bit of Radio 2 when I'm in England, or on Friday's now and then for "Ask Elvis", so I don't really get the whole "overplayed" thing for most music.

Any song by Ja Rule is crap.

Chamillionaire "Ridin Dirty" sucks.

Any song by Pussy cat Dolls.

Any song by Panic at the Disco.

Any song by Falloutboy.

Any song by Hedly.

Any song by Simple Plan.

Any song by Good Charolate.

"Wake me up when September Ends" by GreenDay.

Beyonce's new song "Devavu" and her recently released single.

Paris Hiltion's "Stars are blind".

"Unfeaithful" by Rhieana(cant spell her name).

Neyo sucks.

Every song by 50 Cent is garbage.

I love No Doubt, but I dont like Gwen Stwfani as much solo. "Hollaback Girl" and "Rick Girl" I dont like.

I love GNR, but I hate every song by Velvet Revolver.

Blue October "Hate Me"

I honestly can't think of a song that I despise more than that pile of shit. Just an absolutely atrocious song from the generic music down to the cringe-worthy lyrics.

Edited by Zero

Shakira - Hips Don't Lie. I hear that song way too much. That, and Rompe by Daddy Yankee.

Oh, and all the songs that McFly have covered. They've butchered them all, it's ridiculous.

The Feeling - Fill My Little World. The chorus is catchy but cheesy, and the rest of the song is just shit.

Edited by Hipster Doofus

I just plucked out the first three tracks that came to mind. They may be old, but I've pretty much given up on popular music since about 2002 anyway.

She Hates Me, Puddle of Mudd

Teenage Dirtbag, Wheatus

Because I Got High, Afroman

There must be this specific brand of pop-punk whining that makes me want to throw chairs through glass windows. That, or it's because I find myself around people who like to suddenly start singing along to She Hates Me like the lyrics are any good, or it's funny, or in fact that it's anything more than dirge. And speaking of 'funny', for the love of God, the amount of people who thought that making their own lyrics to that Afroman song as if it could never get old. The song was shit and unfunny in the first place, so it's not like your little adaptation is going to bring the house down.

Edited by stokeriño