The Batman Begins sequel casting gets worse

GhostMachine

I don't get the "he's too young" comments. As already shown by the Heath Ledger casting, they're clearly going for a younger version of these characters. Phillippe and Ledger are both great actors, give it a chance.

Edited by theonemankliq

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the "he's too young" comments. As already shown by the Heath Ledger casting, they're clearly going for a younger version of these characters. Phillippe and Ledger are both great actors, give it a chance.

Precisely what I was thinking...this was seemingly early on in Batman's "career", so it's feasible that the villains are younger too...and even though Two Face and Batman should be roughly the same age, this isn't totally cannon with the comics either.

EDIT: And I'm with Scummy. I can do without the Penguin. In my mind, Two Face and The Joker are THE Batman villains.

And maybe Bane.

<_<

Edited by GhostMachine

Riddler says hi.

Bane is too new to be considered one of THE Batman villains, despite breaking Batman's back.

(For one thing, he faced Batman when Batman was tired from hunting all sorts of villains and lack of sleep; a fully charged Batman would have handed him his ass)

There's a version of the Heath Ledger pic with the bug sprayer Photoshopped to be a pic of him as the Joker posted over at the John Byrne Forum. All I gotta say is....bleech.

I wouldn't.

The entire Knightfall saga involves far too many characters and would be an overcrowded movie, thats an understatement.

They're maxing out at like 2 villians per film, they'd never do one with Batman's entire rouge's gallery, robin, azrael and Bane.

There's far better Batman storylines to be made into movies

Precisely what I was thinking...this was seemingly early on in Batman's "career", so it's feasible that the villains are younger too...and even though Two Face and Batman should be roughly the same age, this isn't totally cannon with the comics either.

EDIT: And I'm with Scummy. I can do without the Penguin. In my mind, Two Face and The Joker are THE Batman villains.

And maybe Bane.

<_<

Riddler should really only be done in the suit and hat outfit. Seriously.

Knightfall and\or Knightquest should never be adapted as a movie, for several reasons:

1. Too many characters involved. Most of whom haven't even been introduced yet.

2. Even if you cut out parts to get it on film, it would require at least two movies to tell properly.

3. Jean-Paul Valley sucks.

4. Knightfall\Knightquest had a disappointing payoff: no revenge on Bane by Batman (JPV as Batman takes him down) and the way Bruce stopped Jean-Paul was lame.

5. Choosing JPV as a replacement made Bruce look stupid. If they decided to avoid that in a film, what would they do? Have Bruce wear an exoskeleton that lets him walk and fight as Batman while he rehabs in his spare time? Use robots to fight crime for him like Bruce did in Kingdom Come? Bah.

6. Bane, amped up on Venom, would have to be CGI. He already looks like a heavyweight pro wrestler without the stuff running through his veins.

7. Jean-Paul Valley sucks.

I still think Knightfall/quest/end would work well on the big screen.

YES it would need to be at least two movies.

It would need to take place after the rouges gallery has been established (2-3 movies time).

And it needn't be EXACTLY like it was in the comics. Far from it.

And Bruce was DESPERATE and near death when he chose Jean-Paul to be Batman. Who else was there? Tim Drake was still a kid. Alfred? And Dick Grayson was Busy working as Nightwing in Bludhaven. It was a poor choice. I think it'd be cool to represent that on film though. Have the audience know how unhinged Jean-Paul is without Bruce knowing, then have it slowly play out over the course of the second movie, till Bruce has returned.

As for Bane, well, have him be more realistic. A lot of the way he was drawn in Knightfall was exaggerated (tiny waist and massivly overdeveloped body).

Have someone like The Rock (Taller than average, and well built) play Bane. The drugs just need to make him freakishly strong, as opposed to bulking him up still furthur. have him played more realisticly as the characters in this new franchise seem to be.

And one of the good things about Batman Begins was how it RE-TOLD Batman's origin. Taking cues from 'Year One.'

The 'Knight' Saga could be similarly re-told over a couple of movies, and have it be just as accessible, even clearing up problems with the story that have been highlighted.

But hey, It'll probably never happen anyway....

Bane was done very poorly in that movie. He might as well have been a generic thug, or the first Blockbuster (the original Blockbuster was more or less a Hulk rip-off, except more stupid).

The ONLY way you could do Knightfall\Knightquest on film satisfactorily would be to make two significant changes:

JPV gets his ass handed to him by Bane, only for Bruce to later take down Bane. Perhaps seriously injuring him in the process as payback for Bane breaking his back. Maybe throw a knockout gas pellet at Bane and have him fall off the roof of a 2 or 3 story building due to its effects or from trying to dodge the gas, or something.

The way Bruce stops JPV would have to be done a lot different than in the comics. Instead of stripping him of his gear and getting JPV to snap out of it that way, Bruce should beat the snot out of him.

Its funny. Batman & Robin was the worst of the movies, but the only one that came close to getting the villains right. (Too bad they based Mr. Freeze off the Batman: TAS version, though......)

Edited by GhostMachine