The Batman Begins sequel casting gets worse

GhostMachine

I don't see why anyone's complaining about any of these. Hoffman is the perfect choice to play the Penguin, I couldn't think of a better person for the part. Ledger will surprise as the Joker and Phillippe's not a bad actor at all. I'd take him over most of the younger actors that came onto the scene in the late 90s. It's not like it's Freddy Prinze Jr. as Harvey Dent.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoffman as Penguin is inspired, fantastic piece of casting. Ledger I'm still undecided on, as the only flash of good acting I've seen from him was at the end of Brokeback. I have no idea who this bloke is, so I'll wait and see the film.

Oh, and the less Harley Quinn the better, thanks.

I don't see why anyone's complaining about any of these. Hoffman is the perfect choice to play the Penguin, I couldn't think of a better person for the part. Ledger will surprise as the Joker and Phillippe's not a bad actor at all. I'd take him over most of the younger actors that came onto the scene in the late 90s. It's not like it's Freddy Prinze Jr. as Harvey Dent.

The only thing with Phillippe is that he is too young. That is the only problem I have with casting so far. Anyone can play Joker as long as they put forth the effort, and Ledger is an actor who takes his roles seriously. See, Dent was young and arrogant which works. But then again, I guess makeup can solve youth problems.

Are they bringing back Scarecrow though?

Also we all know Joker requires Harley Quinn.

Not initially. They need to build uo Joker's influence on Dr. Quinzel during his stint in Arkham before they have her become Harley Quinn and free him.

Edited by damshow

I don't get the "he's too young" comments. As already shown by the Heath Ledger casting, they're clearly going for a younger version of these characters. Phillippe and Ledger are both great actors, give it a chance.

I'd suck his dick if he asked.

If I recall, in this movie Joker is supposed to be the bad guy. We get to see Harvey Dent working with Batman and Gordon like in the comic books, at the end of the Dent gets hit with the acid and is scarred, with him being the big bad NEXT movie.

I can see Phillipe being a good choice for Harvey Dent. Maybe not Two-Face at the moment, but Dent sure. Dent always had this reputation for being strikingly handsome the 'Dashing D.A.' And Phillipe can play 'unhinged' pretty well (Dent has Multiple-personality-disorder, Hence his scarring leads him to become 'Two-Face').

If I recall, in this movie Joker is supposed to be the bad guy. We get to see Harvey Dent working with Batman and Gordon like in the comic books, at the end of the Dent gets hit with the acid and is scarred, with him being the big bad NEXT movie.

I can see Phillipe being a good choice for Harvey Dent. Maybe not Two-Face at the moment, but Dent sure. Dent always had this reputation for being strikingly handsome the 'Dashing D.A.' And Phillipe can play 'unhinged' pretty well (Dent has Multiple-personality-disorder, Hence his scarring leads him to become 'Two-Face').

I've heard mixed reports. One is that they capture Joker, and then open the third movie with Joker's trial. The other is that they do it in the second movie, which would then have Dent get hit with the acid in the second movie. I would expect them to keep Joker around since he has to escape from Arkham sometime for another encounter with Batman, so either would work since Ledger will likely be signed to future movies.

Why is Jake Gyllenhall linked to every super hero movie ever made? And he's gonna be filming Aquaman 2 so he's out............

Here's what I don't get......why aren't they calling this Batman at all? This franchise has been around a long fucking time and through countless comic books, TV shows (live action and animated) and 5 movies one constant has been the name "BATMAN" in the title. Just seems odd to me.....

Why is Jake Gyllenhall linked to every super hero movie ever made? And he's gonna be filming Aquaman 2 so he's out............

Here's what I don't get......why aren't they calling this Batman at all? This franchise has been around a long fucking time and through countless comic books, TV shows (live action and animated) and 5 movies one constant has been the name "BATMAN" in the title. Just seems odd to me.....

As far as Penguins concerned I always felt Danny Devito was perfect for the role, but since they won't be using the same actors why not bring in Devito MkII, Bob Hoskins!!!!

Devito was horrible as Penguin. I hate Penguin with a passion anyway (the villains are my main problem with the Batman franchise as a whole, I don't like the majority of them), but Devito was a terrible choice to play him. It was just like they picked the first fat actor they could think of.