Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

Exactly. The only reason Henry walks the ball into the corner to waste time is because he knows people would rather complain about it afterwards than actually attempt to get the ball from him. If you tried to get the ball off Kirkland (or any other keeper) while he was taking five years to take a goal kick, you'd be booked.

There's a rather blatant difference.

I always love these discussions... seemingly everyone who's not an Arsenal fan or hasn't got something against Wigan becomes an honourary Wigan fan for a while :P If it had been Fulham vs Wigan, I can guarantee you wouldn't be in the same dock at the court.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, there's no difference between a goalie taking time at a goal kick and an outfield player walking the ball into the corner at every opportunity, something that Henry is guilty of. The man's a hypocrite (I don't dive, I'm not a woman! *dive*).

But the ball is still in play when Henry does that. The opposition still has every chance to get the ball in that situation. Whereas a goalkick, the opposition has NO chance to get the ball. So how exactly is there no difference?

I always love these discussions... seemingly everyone who's not an Arsenal fan or hasn't got something against Wigan becomes an honourary Wigan fan for a while :P If it had been Fulham vs Wigan, I can guarantee you wouldn't be in the same dock at the court.

Actually, I wouldn't give a shit if Wigan time-wasted against us. I understand that it happens in football, so the fact that a team decided to utilise it against us wouldn't bother me, as I know there would be times when we would use it against other teams.

Actually, I wouldn't give a shit if Wigan time-wasted against us. I understand that it happens in football, so the fact that a team decided to utilise it against us wouldn't bother me, as I know there would be times when we would use it against other teams.

Yeah it's a part of the game, but you saying "it wouldn't bother you" sounds like bullshit. So Fulham are trailing 1-0, but look far more dominant, but the opposition is taking forever over every dead ball, and you'll be sitting there going "oh that's alright, it happens". Sorry, I don't buy it.

Edited by Big Red Fury

Yeah it's a part of the game, but you saying "it wouldn't bother you" sounds like bullshit. So Fulham are trailing 1-0, but look far more dominant, but the opposition is taking forever over every dead ball, and you'll be sitting there going "oh that's alright, it happens". Sorry, I don't buy it.

Surely you aren't implying that Arsenal were the better team for long stretchs of the game because if you were we watched two different matches.

This video just about sums up my thoughts on the situation.

I wholeheatedly support this video. (Y)

lol, let's not forget that there was an onside goal ruled offside or the fact that Kirkland took a few extra seconds with his goal kicks from the beginning of the game or the fact that they too played on while Arsenal had ten men on the pitch at one point or the fact that their fans had the class of holding onto a ball to waste time or the fact that Henry didn't get anything from his dive except a front full of turf.

:shifty: Yes, I am biased.

Edited by Karlito Karibbean Kulex

That is the first time I've seen that and it is disgusting. Just for that I hope kharma breaks his ankle.

lol, let's not forget that there was an onside goal ruled offside or the fact that Kirkland took a few extra seconds with his goal kicks from the beginning of the game or the fact that they too played on while Arsenal had ten men on the pitch at one point or the fact that their fans had the class of holding onto a ball to waste time or the fact that Henry didn't get anything from his dive except a front full of turf.

shifty.gif Yes, I am biased.

Defend that dive, you twat. He should be called up in front of the FA for that, its disgusting, it really is

Third edit:

It may be all the wine I've drunk this evening but it angers me so much with the diving. I hate it when my own players do it, but when an amazing player like him does it it MAKES ME MAD ANGRY PAIN FOR YOU.

Edited by Myked

No...it wouldn't bother me. I understand why they do it, EVERY team does it, so why get my panties in a twist when a team does it to my team?

And yeah, you didn't look far more dominant, as Big Red Fury (and me, previously) suggested.