Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

Bellamy will be gone, especially if Villa/Blackburn come in with the £8m or so that's been thrown around. It's a shame because on his day he's shown just how good he be - he's just far, far too inconsistent.

We won't have 8m to spend full stop, nevermind on Bellamy bar MGP gets sold or something.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reina's still being judged on a couple of mistakes he made earlier in the season. You only have to watch us with Dudek in goal to see how good Reina is.

Aurelio got injured at the wrong time, which seems to happen a lot with our left sided players. He'd made four or five starts and was looking solid and confident, then he goes and snaps his achilles out of nowhere.

Wasn't he playing in central midfield and left wing around the time he snapped his achilles? I'm asking because i'm not sure, could come across as trying to be a smart arse. I am sure i remember he becoming a regular at central midfield and left wing just before he had the injury, which is a bad one so may not see him in awhile, so another left back is still needed not sure if their is a youngster that can be brought up, should of never sold Warnock heh

You not a fan of the Carragher/Agger partnership Matt?

Not particularly keen on Agger, not sure why, just don't like him (barring the goal vs. Chelski, o'course). As for a back-up 'keeper, you've got Scott motherfucking Carson, what more do you want?

I reckon Liverpool could challenge for the title next year if they get a pacy winger for the right hand side, move Stevie G. into the centre and get a goal machine (Tevez) to play alongside Kuyt with Crouch this Voronin and possibly Bellamy to come off the bench or to cover.

He was playing at left back with Riise in midfield, IIRC.

Insua looks like he'll be the backup left back from now on, and really highlights the difference in class between our youth team under Heighway and the youth players Benitez had a hand in bringing in. Only 18 but didn't look out of place against Fulham or Portsmouth.

Not particularly keen on Agger, not sure why, just don't like him
Edited by therockbox

I think Carson will leave Liverpool this summer had way too much exposure to first team football in the Premiership for him to go back to playing in the reserves and cup games. Liverpool have the talent to be competitors for the title, Benitez just needs to sort out an away tactic that is consistently effective and doesn't just kill off games. Arsenal need some experience in their team, the fact that Gilberto Silva has been one of their players of the season it shows the blend of experience and youth works well, just too much youth. Man Utd desperatly need an out and out goal scorer up front someone like Miroslav Klose that type of player or they may drift back into not challenging next season.

Benitez has brought in some very talented youngsters, not sure about Paletta though. Will have to try and catch the Pool/Charlton game to catch the left back your talking about in action not seen him play.

Just remembered has the second leg of the youth cup been played? I know Utd were up from the first leg.

Yeah, Liverpool won on penalties.

Paletta could benefit from going out on loan to a club where he'll get constant first team football. Being played in the odd game here and there with defenders and a 'keeper you've barely played with before is always going to be difficult.

Heh Alves definatly deserves that award after all the effort he has put in over the year, maybe if he got brought into the Premiership he would get as much flak as Drogba and change his act up, although Drogba does sneak them in still.

I thought Liverpool would win it haven't they won it consecutivly over last few years? Or am i just making that up?

Agree with the Paletta comment asl well, could do with a gritty season in the Championship at Burnley :D (Yeah i am a Burnley fan). Must be difficult with the language differences within the defense aswell, especially when communication is key as a centre back, and can't imagine he has become fluent at talking or understanding English in a year. Unless he learnt the language prior to the move.

Not sure really. Just looking at how many teams have been taken over by rich people in recent times, and there's only Chelsea who've taken the big step up, for obvious reasons. You look at the recent Premiership teams that have been taken over, not many are doing better than they were than previously, and it seems that the ones that are is under the guidance of the excellent managers in charge...

- Man. United

- Portsmouth

- Aston Villa

- West Ham

With United and Portsmouth doing well seemingly under Fergusons and Redknapps wily management, while Villa haven't done much to shout about. West Hams situation speaks for itself. So yeah, I don't know why, I'll just believe it when I see it I guess.

Edited by Wil(son) Goldberg

If Dani Alvez goes to Liverpool I'll cry. I really don't want to see him in the Premiership.

Is it because he makes the likes of Ronaldo and Drogba look like hardmen who never dive?

Apparently the Spanish media's gonna award him with diver of the year, which is an achievement because it'll be the first time Deco doesn't win since he moved to Spain.