Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want who goes down decided only by what happens on the pitch. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a shit about Tevez' registration; IMO, if West Ham get the points and/or Wigan/Sheff Utd don't, then they deserve to stay up.

That's the frustrating bit. Even if we do stay up tonight, we could be in for an off season of court because a few other teams couldn't get the job done on the pitch.

I get it, and I think they deserved to be docked points, but I'm biased because I enjoy watching West Ham play more. I'm a Liverpool fan so the foot of the table means nothing to me and I'd rather the team I liked watching more stayed up.

I know the circumstances, I just don't care. Paul Jewell can bitch about West Ham's situation all he wants; if his team had got their finger out and played as well as they can it wouldn't be an issue. There's a similar situation to this going on in the N.Irish league at the minute, and just like in that, my sympathy's with the team that's receiving the flak. West Ham changed both ownership and manager after Tevez joined, and I don't think they should be held responsible for the problems their predecessors caused.

But he SHOULD be allowed to play for them. The transfer was dodgy, not his registration, he's a legal player, it was the transfer itself that was illegal. Think of it like this; a 16/17 year old buys some alcohol - that's illegal, the 16/17 year old drinks the alcohol - that's legal. Now replace West Ham with 16/17 year old and alcohol with Tevez, and that's the situation.

Unless you're a Wigan fan, I don't see why it bothers you so much. The FA's punished them in a manner they saw fit, yet people are still pissing and moaning about it. West Ham didn't decide on their own punishment, the FA did. They opted for a fine and West Ham will pay it.

But he SHOULD be allowed to play for them. The transfer was dodgy, not his registration, he's a legal player, it was the transfer itself that was illegal. Think of it like this; a 16/17 year old buys some alcohol - that's illegal, the 16/17 year old drinks the alcohol - that's legal. Now replace West Ham with 16/17 year old and alcohol with Tevez, and that's the situation.

..No it isn't.

Unless you're a Wigan fan, I don't see why it bothers you so much. The FA's punished them in a manner they saw fit, yet people are still pissing and moaning about it. West Ham didn't decide on their own punishment, the FA did. They opted for a fine and West Ham will pay it.

It bothers me because a team cheating. Why do people on our board and bitch and moan about diving in Spain? It's not against teams they support, why should they care? When Ronaldo does his usual brilliance/trickery/diving/whatever you call it against a random club, everyone slates him - why should they care - it isn't against their team?